Thread: Ambient Rack

ok I took a look:

underpowered rack wart... by the time you've sorted a case and rails and the power supply and the boost psu, you might as well have bought a mantis - better power, no rack wart and bigger...

I don't see the need for both pachinko and hermod - in this size case...

I'd throw out the ears and the 2hp loop - the loop because morphagene will do this and the ears because - at the moment for guitar/bass interface I would go for the sonicsmith ev1 - it's got the best pitch follower, and gas other features that are useful

as you're a guitar/bass player, with pedals, then I'd also get at least one pedal interface module (will make life easier) - whilst some pedals will work fine at modular levels - moogerfoogers for example, most won't and need attenuation on the way out and then boosting on the way back in - I'd also want at least one expression pedal interface - so that you can control the modular with your feet whilst playing the guitar - it really helps

I'd also want more utilities - think plumbing - for both audio and cv!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities