Hi,

Disclaimer: I'm a modular novice myself. So take my advice with a huge grain of salt. ;)

In general, I feel like you have too many audio modules and far too few cv-generators & utilities.

I'd like to pass an advice on to you - which I got myself:

• choose a rack-size, which is slightly larger, than you anticipate needing
  • have a concept, what you want to achieve: like ambient with occasional drums
  • buy and fill up your rack incrementally:
    • think about your most minimal combination of modules for your first "complete voice" and start from there
    • take your time getting to know your modules
    • if you find some specific "feature" missing for your goal, check if you already planned your rack with such a module and add only a (view) single one(s)
    • take your time again fiddeling around
    • revise your plan for the rack, as you gain more experience

I took some time to work out a rack suggestion:
Suggestion

It's quite different from the setup you presented above, so I'll try to lay down my reasoning for the module selection and my thoughts about the rack below:

• I tried to stick to your concept of having a rack for ambient (generative?) music with ocassional drums or different genres in general.
  • Overall I tried to find a good balance between hp per module, ease of use, flexibility and functionality
  • I kept all the 1U modules you chose: they are quite usefull
  • I only selected very view oscillators, a sampler enables you to still mimic more sound-sources
  • enough cv sources enable complex movements and automation
  • enough fx to create atmospheres and more interesting voices

First row, mostly audio modules:

• BitBox Micro: since the rackspace is quite limited, I feel like a good sampling module - like this - will provide you with the most felxibility: You can use drum samples (save space by not having a couple of percussion specific modules!), layer several sounds to make your arrangements more complex or record cv
  • Ensemble Oscillator: You chose this originally, so I kept this. It seems fitting for the task and quite flexible
  • Basimilus Iteratis Alter: Oscillator, I also kept this from your original design. Seems fine if you like it: bass, lead, percussion, etc
  • Falistri: similar to Maths, but different (and less hp), can be used as sound and cv source, besides all other usefull and versatile features, I like the ring-modulation capability to sculpt your oscillator's sounds even more
  • A-132-4: quad exp vca, probably for audio, excellent hp to usefullness ratio, you always need more vcas
  • Squawk Dirty To Me: nice digital VCF, selectable filter mode, includes vca, filter mode also selectable via cv
  • QPAS: nice advanced VCF, which you already wanted
  • Black Quad VCA2: good 4ch vca & mixer, you already wanted
  • Switch: filler for empty space to enable more advanced patching

Second row, mostly cv modules:

• Pamela’s NEW Workout: famouse clock based cv generator, you already wanted, unbeatable

• Ornament & Crime: another power-house of cv generation
  • Bloom: generative generator for 2 voices, you already chose this
  • ochd: lots of oscillators in view hp, excellent for movement in ambient
  • Zadar: deep, quad envelope (and cyclic = lfo) generator for more complex movement
  • Pons Asinorum: versatile quad envelope / lfo generator in view hp
  • 333: small mixer & mult
  • OSD: combine cv in several kinds (3 times) in only 4hp
  • A-130-8: 8 lin vcas and mixer in only 6hp, best hp / vca count ratio
  • 321: all the necessary cv utilities
  • Melotus Versio: very nice effect module you already chose
  • Milky Way: nice multi-fx module, instead of your chosen "large" Doepfer fx module I suggest 2 separate smaller ones, you could think about using effect pedals and use the space of the fx modules for something else
  • FX Aid XL: another nice multi-fx module with LOTS of fx to choose from (not sure about the current availability though)
  • Jumble Henge: innovative mixer for an easy "final" mixdown

What you might find missing (or not?):

• more advanced sequencing
  • midi control
  • dedicated performance controls
  • more random voltage sources

Let me know, what you think about these suggestions.

Best regards,
Woeps