If you're a guitarist with lots of pedals, maybe consider something like the Bastl Hendrikson (there are other brands/models) which lets you use a pedal within your modular setup. I have one and just bought the Empress Effects EchoSystem...lots of fun
-- jb61264

I think that's something like what the OP has been doing - and doesn't like - adding a pedal interface isn't going to make any difference - the Hendrikson seems to be a good module, but wasn't it discontinued a couple of years ago?

Personally I like both approaches - as no OCD when it comes to cables or to having everything spread out - 8 cases means cables all over the place - the more the merrier in my book!

now I really must do some hoovering and relocate my digital piano to the living room!
-- JimHowell1970

My bad, I should have read OP a little closer :) I do believe Hendrikson was discontinued but I was able to find one last year. Just picked up the Echosystem as the first true pedal to interface with it. I only have three cases with cables laying across my Minibrute 2 and Hydrasynth desktop, I can't imagine what the cable spread would be with 8 cases...lol

JB