Hello there,

My name's Clément. I've been playing and using synths since 2018-2019. Starting slow with a Korg Volca Modular, then a Korg Minilogue, then an Arturia Microfreak, then a Moog Mother-32 and some other hardware and software synths. By watching videos on youtube and playing synths alone and with my friends, I've been more and more fascinated by the modular world (as we all are obviously). I then got the hands on a Make Noise Strega and a 0-CTRL, I've been so glad and happy with those two. I also got a DIY arduino synth made with an arcade stick, which works in his own way and is wonderful, but unfortunately, there's no CV or any other possibilities of modulation, so it's kind of a only live instrument.

Anyway, I've decided to really start my journey into modular synths, but I need some advices about what to get first. My idea was to keep the Strega & 0-CTRL and then starting slow by buying just a rack and one or two modules, just to give more possibilities to those twos, then surely switch to full modular at one point, just take the time to understand better each module I'll get. I've already choose my first rack and it's gonna be an Intellijel Palette 104 HP.

I mostly want to do drone / noise / ambient kind of stuff, no drums, no melodies, just play with noises and sounds. Experimental thingy. I also want to be able to use my guitar or bass with the modular (as I do with Strega), but maybe in a second time.
I was thinking that my first modules didn't need to be sound sources, maybe any other things that can help me expand my Strega & 0-CTRL. I'm lost in the sea of brands and modules.

Sorry for the long post, but I think it was necessary if I wanted my request to be precise.
Hope you can help me and have a great day!

Clément