Procrastinating and writing up a small report for the end of the year, feel free to take a look, too and chime in!

ModularGrid Rack

What Did I add in the last year?

• The Tesseract Texmix grew four stereo inputs. While I have little Stereo Soruces it has been great to experiment with Mono-to-Stereo Effects I might have been better off with two monos but limitations are good for creative choices
  • I added a sampler voice inside the rack, for purists this might be a bit harsh or space waste. But the Squarp Rample (currently still with it's stock sounds) works like a charm, has some live performance perks and is sitting better and better in the mix. I'll also need to consider getting a good pair of midi TRS adaptors for it to be fed with midi signals, too
  • Missed Opportunities. Fantastic module, I had to mount it upside down for space reasons inside the skiff but due to the color coded Bananuts I put on it, there is litte opportunity to plug something in the wrong way

Issues I solved:

• Good Repeatable Randomness, which results in more Procedural Drumgroves
  • Analog Kicks are cool, but I'm adding a lot more Interest on the Percussions with Rample
  • Using FXAid in the A effects loop and Disting in B gives a lot of opportunity to mess with effects and some stereo width

Issues I created:

• I might have too much audio sources and little modulation now
  • I REALLY need to check and write down which modules generate and expect what voltages. I'm still doing this blind right now
  • Even without knowing all voltages I will need to add an attenuvertion in the rack. Befaco ABC can do that, but ist often used in other places
  • Second Filter would be great to play around with the drums, or some light EQing

What is next?

• Due to some weird combinations I'm left with a 5HP gap and one last Power Connector in the top row. I'll probably fill this with a 5HP Befaco Attenuverter
  • Keep Making Music and experimenting more with the two Midi controllable devices, hoping they will play well in the future.
  • Listening to as well as making more music out of my comfort zone
  • Any suggestions?