Hi Man! Everything is grooving along quite nicely with my new Doepfer Dark-Time/Dark-Energy setup, I've just managed to sync everything with my Alesis SR18 Drum Machine but I've never been happy with digital equipment and I can't wait to replace the SR18 with analogue modules.

I'm an 'Old School' synthesizer bloke myself, well used to the classic VCO - VCF - VCA way of thinking, where every module has a specific function and an easy-to-remember acronym or abbreviation which is derived from it's ultimate use within a modular system; ADSR, LFO, RM, Nz, S&H, and the like. These "new fangled" modules such as the MakeNoise Maths or the Intellijel Korgasmatron bloody intimidate me too. Which is why I've sought an independent opinion from someone with personal experience. Ta very much!

I am thinking very seriously about having a Maths module in my system, but it costs more than a Doepfer A-155 Sequencer which must be catered for before I splash out on any MakeNoise gear

Regarding my impending modular system, I've just two hours ago painted my A-100 LCB case a funky blue - the same colour as my car, as it happens - and as soon as I get paid next Friday I'll be ordering my first batch of modules from EMIS and PostModular here in the UK. Whoopee!

My planned initial setup is here: ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for your input, man. I should get around to ordering a Maths module sometime around Christmas this year. Can't ever see me owning a Moskwa, though. They're a bit too expensive for my liking, and if I'm gonna spend that much on an 8-step sequencer I'd rather grab myself an ADC Pattern Sequencer by Fonitronik - or a couple of Pittsburgh Sequencers for the same price. The Moskwa certainly looks the dogs bollocks!