"Go without a sequencer," you say? Are you a comedian? I'd rather go without a bloody keyboard!

I saw Tangerine Dream on their Rubycon/Ricochet tour in the mid-70's and was hooked on sequencers after hearing what Chris Franke did with 'em. I also saw Pink Floyd on their Animals tour in '77 where they performed the track 'On The Run' from the Dark Side of The Moon album (I'm listening to it ATM, BTW), which contains perhaps the most famous 8-step sequence of all time, using an EMS Synthi AKS. Like I stated earlier, I'm a tiny bit Old School!

My ultimate system would include an Analogue Solutions Oberkorn stand-alone sequencer as well as a plethora of Eurorack CV sequencer modules like the TipTop Audio Z8000 Matrix Sequencer, at least two Pittsburgh Sequencers and maybe even a MakeNoise Rene Cartesian Sequencer, among others. Not to mention the trigger/gate sequencers such as TipTop's Trigger Riot, either (or both) of the Euclidean Sequencers from Rebel Technology, or the upcoming and mind-blowingly monster Doepfer A-157-1 Analogue Trigger Sequencer. Add to this all of the peripheral VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, Envelopes and Drum Modules and your looking at a pretty large modular system and a correspondingly large hole in my bank account.

Talking of rhythm/trigger sequencers, I've just today been in contact with Mickey Delp regarding the purchase of one of his Delptronics Trigger Man modules which should be in my grubby mitts sometime in October. I'll soon by saying 'bye, bye' to the SR-18!

I've just looked up the Elektron Analog Four and it looks real cool!