Original version with slightly different front panel and features
The Cyclebox system consists of three oscillators (OSC1, OSC2, OSC3) whose outputs are combined nonlinearly. There are 16 different combination modes available, selected through a set of 4 toggle switches. The output of the combination unit is passed through a gain stage and an asymmetric wave?folder and then to the module’s output jacks. The gain is set by the GAIN input and control.
Each oscillator has two outputs, nominally 90 degrees apart in phase. OSC1 and OSC2 have multiple possible waveshapes, selected by the SHAPE controls. OSC3 outputs either a triangle or square waveform. OSC1 also has access to a set of waveshapes stored in a wavetable. The overall pitch of the oscillators is set by the 1V/octave PITCH input as well as by the COARSE and FINE pitch controls. The pitch of OSC2 is offset from the main pitch by an amount determined by the RATIO input and control. The pitch of OSC3 is fixed at one octave lower than the main pitch. The frequency of OSC1 can be modulated by the output of OSC2. The level of this modulation is set by the iFM input and control. The phase of OSC2 can be shifted using the PH2 input and control.
The start of the oscillator cycles for OSC1 and OSC2 can be synchronized either to the start of an OSC3 cycle (if the INT switch is in the up position) or to the reception of a suitably strong positive going pulse at the SYNC input. When the 1?SHOT switch is in the up position, each oscillator generates only one full cycle whenever a SYNC pulse is received.
- Wide 26?octave frequency range (50KHz down to one cycle every 20 minutes)
- 3 oscillators: main ? OSC1, secondary – OSC2, sub/sync?oscillator
– OSC3 (triangle or square wave at half the frequency of OSC1)
- 8 different waveforms for OSC1 and OSC2:
- OSC1 : Sine, triangle, square, hex?square, hex?saw, squaresaw, random
- OSC2 : Sine, triangle, sine?pulse, square, saw, square?saw, sine?saw, random
- 8 additional externally selectable wavetable shape sets for OSC1 :
- random pulses, truncated saw, bipolar pulse, mirrored bipolar pulse, resonant saw sweep, mirrored resonant saw sweep, vowels, mirrored vowels
- 16 different nonlinear waveform combinations
- High?Quality “through?zero” Internal Frequency Modulation of OSC1 by OSC2
- Two Quadrature outputs (i.e. separated by 90 degrees in phase)
- Externally controlled output waveform folding
- Internal and External oscillator sync
- One?shot and Free?run modes
- External control of internal FM level, OSC2 phase and OSC2 ratio
- LED display of pitch octave (C?22 to C9) and LFO output levels
- 256x oversampled digital sound generation with low aliasing noise
- 96KHz output sampling rate
This Module is discontinued.$500 Price in € submitted Dec 31st 2013, 15:37 by mypetrobot | last Change Aug 15th 2018, 15:32 by mt3
3 Users are observing this