USB Audio Interface
The ES-8 is a USB 2.0 class-compliant audio interface in a Eurorack module, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs. The inputs and outputs can be used for both CV/Gate/Clock and audio. As such it is directly compatible with Bitwig Studio, as well as other popular computer-based CV generation software.
Includes Bitwig 8-Track!
Please note that you'll need a Eurorack case including power supply in order to use to ES-8.
The ES-8 also has ADAT inputs & outputs. The ADAT connection can be used to expand the I/O count via an Expert Sleepers ES-3 or ES-6, or an audio converter (such as the Behringer ADA8200).
Without a USB connection, the ES-8 works as a standalone ADAT-to-audio/CV converter, providing DC-coupled I/O expansion for another ADAT-equipped audio interface.
An expansion header allows connection of an Expert Sleepers ES-5, to which in turn you can connect Expert Sleepers gate, CV and MIDI expanders.
The ES-8 has a high quality internal clock, and it can optionally sync to the clock from the input ADAT signal.
The ES-8's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 198mA on the +12V rail, 52mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
- USB socket: Type B
- Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS - Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- Channel count: 12 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit
- Output connections: 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
- Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
- Analogue inputs: 4x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
- Input voltage range: approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x ADAT input, 1x ADAT output
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for ES-6
- Weight: 123g
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board
This Module is currently available.$498 Price in € submitted Jun 15th 2018, 07:17 by FSK1138
8 Users are observing this