Howdy,

I have a Turing Machine with the extra modules. Would having a Rotating Divider add anything? Should mention I have a Hermod for clock source. Thx from a newb.

GD

A Rotating Clock Divider is an essential utility. Mine lives next to Pamela’s New Workout but gets fed by many clock and pulse sources, including sources of random. 4MS makes nice ones. You really can’t go wrong owning at least one.

Many thx for the reply.

I got a used 4ms RCD with the expander. Unfortunately the expansion was a DYI and the soldering points are very fragile. A couple have broke off so I need to resolder. Looking forward to see the effect of the 4ms. I was thinking of getting a PNW but for just random clock it seems the Turning Machine will work great. Any thoughts? Again, I have zero experience with this ;) ......

Lots of good information on Turing Machine here:

https://musicthing.co.uk/pages/turing.html

Pamela’s New Workout does provide a source of random but it is really meant to be the clocking heart of a system with several other modulation functions and even basic quantization. It is “menu divey” but fast and intuitive. Again, an entire system can be powered by PNW. In my own system, I use it for roughly 80-90 percent of patches, either as a main clock source of source of modulation.

Go slow. There’s lots to learn. About now, I ask: do you have a good quad VCA and do you know how and why to use it?

Thanks for the link. I have gone over it and read some of the links off that article.

VCAs? I have VCA in the Mother 32, but not sure of its capabilities or quality. Also have an Intellijel Quad VCA in the mail. My experience is limited to hardware synths the Roland Juno and JX10. Quite completely different. I have no, or vary limited experience with VCAs. In my reading I know they go beyond a mere amplifier. VCAs can can control filters, envelopes, gates and the like by controlling CV inputs...is that correct? Again no knob twisting to actually see this action ;)

There’s always room for more VCA!