Just playing around with Queen of Pentacles and I'm wondering what the real difference is between the two Endorphin.es modules. Worth picking up both? Is the sound that different? Extra modulation capabilities?

BLCK NOIR has a very loud background noise.
If you put all the instrument and master volume clockwise this module become a great noise generator.
It's awful.
It has a stereo output on TRS jack.
So if you want to use stereo output you must have a splitter cable TRS to 2x mono jack.
The built in multieffect is very bad too.
Avoid it.

this user has left ModularGrid

Good to know. Personally, I dislike all in one modules. More control with individual percussion modules is what I prefer.
That said, I really like the WMD and Hexinverter Mutant drum modules quite a bit. Unique sounds and that is what made me interested in modular drums. Otherwise, I'd just use an Elektron or Roland drum machine and be done with it.

Wow. I appreciate that. I agree and prefer individual modules when I have the HP free. But sometimes I'm tight and need the Queen. I'm checking out the Hexinverter.

You could do what Surgeon does which is minimal percussion like a good kick, snare, and clap modules. Or go for 2hp and smaller modules like Erica pico drums or 2hp modules.

All good ideas. Though I am so picky about snares. I think I mostly don't like them so I'm always looking for some modulation that I like.

Well to my ears and that of a very experienced picky modular jam buddy, the Hexinverter Mutant Snare is quite tasty.
He even told me the demos sucked and in person the Mutant Snare sounds great.

Hmmmm.....This has piqued my interest very much. Thanks for the recommendation. Going on the "wants" list.