Hi,
I know that exists clones of MI Elements also a little bit compact. Do u know something else about these? Do you say it can be worth it? Also in DIY will not a problem (I'm back from prok modules, nice experience).
Thanks
FB

If you consider DIYing it.. do yourself a favor and check the BOM first, a lot of Mutable clones have problems with chip availability

I don't know about the size etc - that's something that you'd have to work out for yourself - do you like trimmers instead of pots and poor ergonomics?

DIY is definitely possible - but I wouldn't recommend it as a first smd or even first mutable DIY

I would take a look at amazing synth and work out a path to building one and remember you'll also need a discovery board or similar to program it

However, I see that there are some pcba versions (smd pre-soldered) available - I would go for one of these - should be not much more difficult than the prok drum modules you have built already - it's probably just panel furniture and headers that need to be soldered and then calibration

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Ok, thanks at all. What is BOM. Jim have u some links to share or a module name to search here? Thanks

edit: ok BOM intend the bill of materials... ok, i was actually referring to full diy kits for the elements. I miss the desire to make the shopping list.

what do you think of the Antumbra Atom? I have read that Plonk is also similar to Elements (obviously with its macro differences). So let me explain: I am assembling an auxiliary rack to my main one in which I have inserted effects modules, drums and I would like to insert a second complete synth module to always be controlled with beatstep pro since I have the possibility to manage two synths at the same time. Here the extra rack:
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1583445.jpg?1622279223

The Antumbra Atom looks cool and maybe if I had been very familiar with Elements I would have been happy with it. But I got the Atom first and I admit it was totally opaque to me. Sold it, got an original MI Elements instead. I think I might get along with something the size of Michigan Synth Works Quarks (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/michigan-synth-works-quarks-). The layout makes more sense and the knob size is a little more finger friendly.

yes, I think Atom is too tiny to control. Good idea Quarks, i didn't know it.
unobtainable, however, in Europe...

Ok, thanks at all. What is BOM. Jim have u some links to share or a module name to search here? Thanks

edit: ok BOM intend the bill of materials... ok, i was actually referring to full diy kits for the elements. I miss the desire to make the shopping list.

ah good you worked out BOM yourself!

personally I've got a full size elements on my DIY backlog - it's number 11 of 12 in order - making the shopping list is a lot easier than it appears to be and a useful skill to have in synth diy - it can reduce costs considerably in the long run - buy larger quantitites of common components etc

https://pushermanproductions.com/product/full-kit-antumbra-atom-v1-2/

but maybe available elsewhere

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

compared to elements, atom it costs half

it does indeed...

it's also half the size

but is it half as enjoyable to play with?

I agree. Maybe better quarks similar.

Could I combine a very compact voice synth like Erica voice pico with a Rings and more or less do the same things as the Elements?