Hi,

It's time to for me to get some effects on my rack. At the moment, there are no effect modules in my rack, so, I might think to start with some classic.
I would stay in the price range of 200-300 and i am keen to get a multi-effect (was thinking at the tip top audio z5000).

Do you have any suggestions on what could be a good one to start?

thanks
Ciao,
Matteo

Happy Nerding FX Aid is really nice. A ton of effects to choose from (reverbs, delays, modulation, pitch-shifting, etc) and all really high-quality. And the designer continues to update/add to the algorithms. There's a 4hp version (which I have) and I think 6 or 8hp version.

I also looked into the Tip Top before deciding to go for the Happy Nerding.

Thanks. Sounds like it's what i am looking for at the moment.

Will have a further look now

Thanks for the suggestion
Ciao
Matteo

I have the fx aid xl which is 6hp and I really like it - more space and more modulation inputs

one big plus point about it is that Igor seems to constantly post updates

there's also similar modules from erica, endorhin.es and tiptop but I don't think they have quite the versatility

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Matteo,
I'm putting another vote in for the FX Aid, I have the XL version (it's 6HP) and have been continuously impressed by the algos on offer, sounds fantastic as end of chain effect, probably the best value for the money and fits in your budget. The fact that it has so many possible effects, some of which combining for example a delay and a reverb make it an excellent choice for someone in your situation with no FX module in the rack yet, even if you add larger and/or more specialized FX modules, this one will most certainly retain its value in the rack...
Another choice to consider I think and also within budget is the Noise Engineering Versio thing (https://www.modulargrid.net/e/noise-engineering-desmodus-versio). It is less flexible than the FX Aid in the sense that one needs to switch firmware to change the effect, but on the other hand the CV control options is way more extensive, and the algos are more specialized I think. NE is very very good at making digital modules and this one is no exception I believe, I've heard excellent stuff in the demos of the Desmodus Versio (the reverb) and the Ruina Versio (the distortion), probably a better choice for those looking to integrate the effect as part of the sound design rather than just end of chain. But all this is from the demos I've seen, haven't actually tried the thing myself...
As always, research extensively before you buy and you'll be allright :)
D.

--- Voltage control all the things ---