this user has left ModularGrid

Made with my new Jomox bass drum module:

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice video :-) Now, at least I thought, I very carefully listen and watched your video, but Jomox module? I don't think I recognised it in your video, which one is your Jomox Bass drum module?

Oh, when you just switched off the music, then I found it :-) Jomox is still on my wish list but I haven't got any module yet from Jomox. How do you like Jomox stuff?

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

jomox is the large module on top left of the case in the video. It is a god like kick drum module. I have BIA and WND Crater is my other cases and while these are good kick drums, the jomox is so much beefier! I did learn a trick today that you want to run drums through a compressor and add distortion for serious power. I ordered the Hexinverter Mutant Hot Glue Eurorack mixer as it was designed specifically for modular percussion and it’s truly an incredible mixer with side chain options and decent routing. After covid ends and clubs open, I’m confident that I can deliver a decent techno and house show on modular. I just need to add a good bassline to these drums.

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh yes, that sounds very good about the Jomox. Sounds to me that I need to look a bit deeper into the Jomox stuff! :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this information and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Indeed while the Jomox is not cheap, it’s such a wonderful kick drum. Lots of cv patch points and parameters to tweak it for lot of variety. I have a low pass gate and abstract data octacontroller on the way and Roland tb03 for modulation and bass line then my mobile rig will be ready. Add in my make noise 0-coast and 0-Ctrl for leads and I’m good. I’m really liking the VPME Euclidean Circles v2 sequencer for drums the more I use it along with Eloquencer. Drums beg for modulation and processing with FX and have a Happy Nerding FX aid XL on the way as well.