Hi,

Have been searching the forum for this topic but no real luck, hence the question, what are your favorite modules for ambient music?
I personally think that a bunch of modules from MI works great, those are, Elements, Rings, Clouds and Beads.

If you are into ambient, what are the modules you like more to produce it?

thanks
Ciao,
Matteo

Hi Matteo. I am a big fan of the Make Noise QPAS filter. It has a lot of potential for stereo ambient explorations. The 4ms Dual Looping Delay (DLD) is a lot of fun too.
Have fun and good luck.

The modules in my rack I use the most when making ambient-related stuff:

• XAOC Zadar
  • Intellijel Quadrax
  • Make Noise Mimeophon
  • Make Noise Morphagene
  • Ornaments & Crime
  • Squard Hermod
  • Mutable Instruments Marbles

--- Voltage control all the things ---

delays, reverbs and lo-fi tape effects are often what I go to for when I try to make ambient ish music

exact modules are down to individual taste but I like Magneto, disting and fx aid xl for a lot of these effects as well as moogerfoogers etc

plus a lot of modulation - run through a lot of utilities

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

Rings into Marbles and use Mimeophon for great results.

Rings into Marbles ? Now, that's adventurous but at least it differs from the old Rings-To-Clouds everyone started sharing years ago which was getting a bit old

--- Voltage control all the things ---

this user has left ModularGrid

@toodee yeah it works well. Sometimes I will feed another VCO like the Doepfer basic VCO into Rings then modulate with Marbles. Mimeophon rocks so fun.