ModularGrid Rack

I am not a modular neophyte. I have a big frac rack and also an original Roland 100m D-Set.
I do like small complete mini-systems however and just wanted to show you my ambient rack...

ambient as in.. stuff that rbeny does..

or like tetsu inoue

what do you think?
balanced? a piece of crap selection?
should i change something?
even an improved different way of placing the modules in my dreadbox168 case would be interesting...

i usually get 2/3 voices out of it. slow changing melodies or fart sounds :)
I have seen some nice critiques for other racks and thought perhaps its time for me to show my rack
ps i am building a seperate system for percussive sounds that i will present at a later time :)

all the best and please be gentle(or not :) )

mamonu

The module complement isn't too bad, although I would've wanted to see some sort of slope generator in the modulation row.
ModularGrid Rack
All I did here was to alter the layout and make it more coherent. Except for the LxD, all of the audio is now in the upper row, modulation/control in the bottom. This should be a lot easier to patch since everything's now set up to flow left-right as well. Seems a lot more solid like this...although I would've liked the "utility strip" on the top instead of the bottom, but it looks like Dreadbox didn't allow for that in this design.

Thanks Lugia!

DeltaV can do CV too .It quite a clever module. As per the Cosmotronic blurb :
"Without anything patched into the VCA’s input, the module produces variable cv, an envelope set by the attack, decay and shape knobs. "

If i took the WoggleBug out (i have other racks i could use it in) how do you think that gap should be filled?
I think something like a zlob diode chaos + a 2hp S+H would give me some wiggly cv...
and then have 11HP left for something....(or 10HP. i dont mind leaving 1hp for ventilation )
but what?
ideas welcome :)

Thanks Lugia!

DeltaV can do CV too .It quite a clever module. As per the Cosmotronic blurb :
"Without anything patched into the VCA’s input, the module produces variable cv, an envelope set by the attack, decay and shape knobs. "

Right...I thought that it also made a better fit as the VCAs for the modulation row, since it's already got 2 or 3-stage EGs for the VCAs. Plus, it also functions as an independent mod generator in of itself. Very useful module!

If i took the WoggleBug out (i have other racks i could use it in) how do you think that gap should be filled?
I think something like a zlob diode chaos + a 2hp S+H would give me some wiggly cv...
and then have 11HP left for something....(or 10HP. i dont mind leaving 1hp for ventilation )
but what?
-- mamonu

Actually, the Wogglebug's a very good fit here. It'll allow you to inject chaotic modulation aspects into your otherwise-normal modulation sources. You can easily use the Dreadbox's onboard mixing for this sort of thing, as it's placed well here for that.

Seriously, I wouldn't change any of the module complement here. On that aspect, you really nailed it. The only "flaw" I see here is a lack of an output module...which, if you're in part of the world where balanced power is the norm, might not be all that necessary as long as you've got a mixer that can handle synth-level signals at its input pres.