Greetings,

I am looking at a these filters and see if there are any opinions regarding them. I do a little of everything style-wise, but probably mostly ambient followed be just weird experiments. I'm leaning towards the Dipole. It seems the patching options are endless, though all of these are super flexible. I had read somewhere that the Filter 8 is an 'acquired taste' not sure what was meant by that. I thought it sounds great. Qpas seems like unlimited experimental fun. Anyway leaning towards the SSL. In addition to the unlimited patching options, I like the clean interface. the ways the high/low/BP filters are with switches. There's really a lot to like with all these. Could ramble on with all three. Any other candidates? Oh yeah, forgot the Jove 80. Sounds totally awesome.

Thx!

The Dipole looks outstanding, but I haven't used it yet. I have QPAS and on occasion it completely blows my mind with beautiful sounds. It really is unlimited and perfect for the "pretty" and ambient side of things. I still have not mastered it so I just haphazardly stumble into interesting sounds.
I've been really impressed with everything I have heard from the criminally inexpensive Doepfer SEM filter. That one is next on my list. I know some of the members here like the Filter 8. It seems very useful in a small case due to the range of duties it can fill. The demos I've seen have failed to interest me much though.
Have fun and good luck.

The Filter 8 is nice. It has a lot of features for a filter module. All outputs are available simultaneously, there's a make-up switch to "fix" the low end cutting out when the resonance is cranked (a common issue among filters). The modulation section is well thought-out.

I also like the Morgasmatron as it's two independent multi-mode filters. One filter has a phase reverse, the other overdrive. Both can be switched in or out. I have a Roland 505 dual filter... but it's not as snappy or as "Rolandy" as I would like. Roland doesn't even make their own modular gear... so going with another company wouldn't hurt... as Roland did... lol. But the 505 does come with VCAs controlling the output stage. Which is a nice addition if you are crunched for space.

I own all three filters. FYI.

Been sidetracked moving (absolutely awful, but sold my house in an incredibly market now renting until I find a new place), but settling in and bought a new 420 HP case. Should be back to making music soon.

I have the Instruo I-o47, XAOC Belgrad, just picked up the SSF Dipole (soon to be delivered) and LxD (don't forget about the low pass gates).

I also have my eye on the Doepher Wasp filter (will likely make an entrance soon).

Some people can never have enough VCA's, and while I agree, I love filters all of them.

Others I have on my radar:
System80 Jove
Filter8
Polaris
Three Sisters

Well, I got burned out looking at all the filters. Was overwhelmed quite frankly. For me came down to the SSL and Qpas, granted Qpas isn't a filter module in the strict sense of the word. I think for filter power SSL and similar, were all extremely powerful. But I went with the Qpas. I just like the sound design possibilities. Make Noise wanted to make it fun and inviting to experiment. I took the bait. Maybe down the road I'll look at other options. I'm fairly new to eurorack. I have the Wasp, and enjoy it. I like Doepfers filters as they work as advertised and are relatively inexpensive. So it'd be no problems adding some of their filters on the cheap. Thanks to the contributors.

Hmmm...one more that's a "sorta-filter": https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-sclpl

Stereo resonant EQ, sort of akin to the one you find in many Serge builds, but with the additional insanity of having morphing capabilities from setting to setting. Small and dangerous!

Hmmm...one more that's a "sorta-filter": https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-sclpl

Stereo resonant EQ, sort of akin to the one you find in many Serge builds, but with the additional insanity of having morphing capabilities from setting to setting. Small and dangerous!
-- Lugia

That's one powerful tool. Amazing!