Hi,

I am looking for a tuner to tune oscillators in my system. I currently have a bunch of analog and digital oscillators and i am struggling to get them all well tuned.
At the moment, i don't need functionalities other then the tuner, so i am more on the side to buy something cheaper then Data or O'Tool Plus (as i am not interested in the oscilloscope at the moment).

The below look like what i am looking for

L-1 Digital Tuner: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/l-1-digital-tuner
Antumbra Tune: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/antumbra-tune

Any feedback on those?
Anything similar in the same price range to consider?

Thanks a lot,
Ciao,
Matteo

guitar pedals tuners - depending on the model they are easy to read and don't take up any rack space - connect with a 3.5 -> 6.5mm cable - and they are no more expensive than modules

if you have a disting you already have a tuner built into that

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

if you have a disting you already have a tuner built into that
-- JimHowell1970

Lately, I have used Disting almost exclusively for its tuner and sample & hold functions. It works very well for both.

@farkas do you set it so the pitch is kind of going between the + and - on the Disting. I can never get it to be exact on a C.
TIA

I often use a Korg TM-40 for tuning my Mother32 and Subharmonicon since they’re not in my 7U cases. I just prop it up in front of a monitor. It’s not ideal but it does the job and it’s cheap. I put Data in my rack and use that for tuning everything else. I know you said you weren’t really considering it, but I can’t recommend it enough especially for the scope functionality. Very educational.

@farkas do you set it so the pitch is kind of going between the + and - on the Disting. I can never get it to be exact on a C.
TIA

-- greenfly

Mine is usually just about spot on at the C+ pitch. Close enough for me anyway.

I get fussy about tuning, so my tuner of choice is actually a Peterson Strobetuner. Yep, with the motorized disc, the line-frequency neon lamp, all that fun stuff BECAUSE you can detune up or down with precision due to the Strobetuner's cents vernier dial and the strobe disc's "motion". And if I'm seriously chasing some REALLY out there scalar stuff, I also have a frequency counter. If it worked for Rick Wakeman back in the early 70s, it'll work great today, too!

I came across this tuner on etsy: Ecolab OT1 Tuner and Oscilloscope - 4hp - $124 - from Germany ecolab etsy link

The little banana lights up when tuned. Seems simple and affordable enough.

I also like to use strobe tuners. I have an older (now discontinued) model from Sonic Research (the ST 122), purchased many years ago. Now they only make it as a stomp box (ST-300). I ended up with both and they are both really fantastic.

Additionally, I have two apps for my phone:
iStroboSoft by Peterson - a really great strobe tuner app, has all sorts of features
insTuner from EUMlab - another good one

All the best

Get a guitar tuner app for your iPhone/smartphone. Place it by a speaker or headphones. I can't think of anything cheaper than that.

If your system is connected to a DAW you may also tune it that way. I use Ableton Live and there's a tuner utility in there.