I'd like to get some feedback on my 'proposed' rack. Just to give you some explanations of what I'm thinking of doing so that you can see my logic, I should first point out that I also have a few bits of gear which aren't shown here. I already have a 'Pittsburgh Mod. Lifeforms SV-1b', a 'Make Noise 0-coast' and a Synthstrom Deluge, which I use as a sequencer, send CV/Gate etc, when needed. There's a few other things I use, but these are the three bits which I'll be linking to the rack.
Although my main interest is sound manipulation - hence the 1010 Bitbox Micro - I'll also be making use of the rack for plain melodic stuff using the oscillators from the SV-1b, etc.
One important thing first, is that I hesitate between MI's Stages and a Make Noise Maths. I've read good things about Stages, and using it on VCV Rack does show interesting multiple functions (an envelope, an LFO, and even a limited sequencer). Also, Maths seems to be permanently out of stock whenever I look (I'm in Europe), which doesn't help. As for the other modules I've chosen, here's a few comments (my logic):
- Multiple - MI Links: I thought the polyvalent uses of this multiple could cover many situations.
- LFO - Doepfer A-145-4: Not too expensive, takes up little space, and seems quite adaptable/functional.
- Attenuverter/Mixer /etc - 3x MIA: seems to do a lot, and covers both CV and audio as well.
- VCA - Quad VCA: This looks interesting, but maybe I should choose between the 3x MIA or this, or will both work well together?
- Clock - Pamela's NEW Workout: seems the most interesting option for a clock, and many other uses too.
- Out - Befaco's OUT V3: Well, I just chose this because I saw SynthDad using it in a video, and since I need an out, why not, although maybe there's better (or cheaper) options? I also thought the headphone out could be very useful whilst preparing manipulated sounds - before playing them live.
So, if I could have some feedback, I'd be really grateful. What have I doubled that's not useful, and naturally, what have I forgotten to make the whole thing work (I plan to buy a case with power - ex: an Eowave). And lastly, although - as you all know - it would be possible just to keep filling a rack until you have everything, I'd like to keep this portable, and expand it later, if needed. After all, one can never have too many cases!
Thanks in advance - joesh