Are there any other MIDI-to-CV modules that can work with this breakout module? I'm looking for something really slim (2hp) that I could connect this breakout to that would then do the conversion.

There's also the 2HP sized breakout: https://expert-sleepers.co.uk/tinymidibreakout.html

Then that plus a disting mk4 is 6HP.

if you don't mind drilling holes in your case, can do basic soldering and crimp an idc cable then it's reasonably easy to DIY a solution

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

There's also the 2HP sized breakout: https://expert-sleepers.co.uk/tinymidibreakout.html

Then that plus a disting mk4 is 6HP.

-- os

Os you got me anyways 🤗 I can't do the tiny midi breakout because I need the DIN connection, but my plan is to go with a mk4. This is going in a 40hp 4ms pod so there isn't a ton of room. The only reason I've been reluctant to go the mk4 route is because MIDI-to-CV is almost all it would be doing. Feels like a waste, but for the price and hp, it's probably my best option.

Currently waiting for Control to restock.

there are cables easily available with trs one end and din socket the other end - if you need to save space in a tiny case this or the drilling holes in the case method i described above would seem to be the best options...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

If you're that short on space, don't waste 4HP on the breakout, just DIY a cable and run it out the back.

Hey Os...
I've got everything to connect the midi headers of my GeneralCV and Disting mk4 (brilliant modules btw, thanks) to case mounted din sockets... I keep meaning to implement it, but am not 100% sure about the pin outs - do you have a reference other than the picture of the midi breakout pcb that you could share?

The user manuals contain the pin outs in terms of DIN socket pins 4/5.

The user manuals contain the pin outs in terms of DIN socket pins 4/5.

-- os

thanks for the quick reply!

Hi,
You can use this with Disting 4:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-midixo-model-92-

I don't know about availability.

Cheers

yes, but why would you when the expert sleepers 2hp midi breakout is cheaper and can support 2 modules if needed...

I agree.
I like the xoxo breakout because you can switch the input from midi type A to type B with a switch on the frontpanel.
No need to unplug everything.
But only one module by breakout.

but isn't that totally irrelevant if you just buy the correct 3,5mm->midi cable in the first place???

Totally irrelevant no.
Maybe a little bit.
It's not an expansive breakout.
I'm very beginner in midi and when I've bought it I didn't know there was an Expert sleepers tiny breakout available.
There are many subtilities for me to learn about midi.

ah - well, it was a rhetorical question...
the difference between midi A and B conversion cables is in which pin on the midi out that the tip and ring of the stereo jack is wired to... buy the right cable for the module (either A or B) and being able to switch is completely redundant!
if you have pile of these cables and mix up A & B then I can see the advantage of the switched module