For one thing, the anti envelope was never made. And also, make sure you really read up on some of these modules and their issues.

Above all listen to demos. There's a lot of variety in every module, some geared towards dirty sounds, some pristine, some intentionally chaotic that embrace analog flaws whether good or bad, etc.

The 'one manufacturer per row' thing is nice to look at, but you end up limited yourself with choices based solely on hp. If anything, pick 2 decent companies and do 2 rows each. I'm a huge fan of Intellijel and it covers most of my system, but I still space stuff out to be more convenient instead visually aesthetically pleasing.

For one thing, the anti envelope was never made. And also, make sure you really read up on some of these modules and their issues.

Above all listen to demos. There's a lot of variety in every module, some geared towards dirty sounds, some pristine, some intentionally chaotic that embrace analog flaws whether good or bad, etc.

The 'one manufacturer per row' thing is nice to look at, but you end up limited yourself with choices based solely on hp. If anything, pick 2 decent companies and do 2 rows each. I'm a huge fan of Intellijel and it covers most of my system, but I still space stuff out to be more convenient instead visually aesthetically pleasing.
-- exper

The 'one manufacturer per row' thing is nice to look at, but you end up limited yourself with choices based solely on hp.

That was pretty true for me.

Last night I made an alternate version, changing all the Make Noise to Analogue Systems which I'm still thinking of changing to be more like this

Will probably ditch the 1 per row idea for more cohesion but if there's nothing mechanically wrong with this I might give half of it a shot one day.
Version I did last night:
ModularGrid Rack

We out here.