Hey there people,

I've either burnt some components during soldering or the Befaco Kickall just sounds best with really short triggers. It's all soft and bouncy with the regular LL8 trigger. But it has a whole lot of punch when I tighten the trigger length via the Becafo RAMPAGE Rise Out.
Now I was wondering: I like to free the Rampage from kick drum duty. So I considered some options to get a shorter trigger signal and I'd like your opinion and modules I haven't considered yet:

Gate to Trigger:
* Solution A: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/addac-system-addac217 ADDAC217 looks nice and has mutes, but I have already a lot of ways to mute tracks in my system.
* Solution B: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ground-grown-circuits-gate-to-trig Gate to Trig seems like a perfect fit but I can't find anything on this module outside of MG

Function generators:
* Solution C: A second Befaco RAMPAGE. Really nice solution but a bit HP hungry and expensive.
* The Befaco Slew Limiter looked like a single RAMPAGE channel at first, but doesn't have the Rise and Fall Outs.
* I also could not find any single channel Function generators that have the respective outs.

Any other tools/utilities I might have missed?
In general the function generator seems like the better deal as it would enable the new trigger to have CV-able lengths.

Have you tried an envelope generator? It seems that you need a couple of attack-decay envelope generators. You can use ADSR if you set the sustain and release to zero. As long as the EG is fast enough, you should be fine.

There's also quite a few EG+VCA combo modules that would be ideal for this purpose. Or perhaps using something simpler would do the trick, since we're talking percussion here and not something that requires a gate. You might consider Doepfer's A-142-4, which is a quad decay (Schmitt trigger, more or less) with a very fast fixed attack and ONLY decay as a parameter. Given that the rise on those is immediate, then all you'd be doing there is adjusting the "ring time". The A-142-4 can be dialed down to as short a decay as 20 msec or up to 2 seconds max. The factory setting on the attack time (3 msec) can also be adjusted via a trim pot on the board.