I am drawing my new case, sending with a picture, however it will be wider and lower as I will have a small box underneath with all my controllers and effect pedals ect. I send with a picture and that I will probably not do it in wood without any lighter material of any kind. as well as several modules in the back just like the 7U intellijel case has.

in the meantime I am working on that case, which I hope to be ready next year, as there is a lot to think about many decisions and a lot you have to understand. then I will buy a 4U case and make a new connection so that you can attach it to the 7U case, the drawings are already ready and the pieces should only be laser cut.

and I have a question regarding the 7U case I have now and the busboard that comes with the case, how is it connected? I have all the connectors in and I am aware that they are too long so I will learn to make new cables that are much shorter than they are now.

I have tried to read to myself what resistance ohm the busboard have idle and max. And whats the best cable and connectors to use.

how is it connected to the ground in the case? and is there a 0V that comes with it? if there is no 0v around änd out, how should I do to get it and how do I need with the cables for it, and how should I connect if so?

I Will need over 4 Hinton for this new case, so i have looked at acopian power supply where I will save a lot of space and are 5 times cheaper, in this case. but it’s going to be Hinton’s busbars and cables anyway. however, I will have hinton in another smaller case :)

Is here the ground and OV comes in, where I want everything right from the beginning now when im learning, when I take all my stuff like pc interface and eurorack and everything else from the same outlet, I live in Sweden and we have very good outlets here.

but I need some help how to do now when the rig grows both with intellijel and other things around. And i want it right from the beginning with this stuff now not later.

And do anyone know what material modularaddict use for there PREMIUM EURORACK POWER CABLES and connector and everything els so i can make them bye my self, i need alot and i live in Sweden and thay in usa, and i need to learn my own stuff so i have everything under control.

but hope you all understand the question and have an answer :)

I can't help you with that much of this, as a lot of it is related to electircals (ground etc which any electrician should be able to help you with) but:

for smaller cases such as 7u and 4u - hinton style busbars are almost definitely massive over kill - for a 60u 168hp + wide case then they are probably a good idea...

for eurorack power cables - which won't work with hinton style busbars anyway (you need all custom cables for this) they're alnost definitely just standard ribbon cable and 10 and 16 pin idc connectors which can be bought from most electrical suppliers - I'm sure there's one in Sweden, but otherwise Tayda, Mouser, RME, Reichelt etc carry them

if you already have long cables that you want to make significantly shorter - then it's easier to just cut them and add the appropriate header

you can either get a specialized crimper (I got one for 8€ from Reichelt) or use a vice or a heavy book - there's a video on YouTube using a bible for example

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hello

thanks for your answer, this is my case now and I have modules to fill 2 more cases.

ModularGrid Rack

and this is a bit how I think about my new case, but the case will probably be 6U lower and will be wider, as I want to reach other hardware that I will put on the case.

http://www.hinton-instruments.co.uk/paprod/gallery/index.htm, i have ny drawings, but i could not paste it on here.:(

I know that cables are cheaper to make yourself, but if i include time and work, it is almost more expensive, eurorack is extremely small in Sweden so i need almost buy everything abroad, and that extra money i pay for that i want to have to my eurorack inspelad. I have good contact with escape from noise ect.

I just want to lean how to make stuff and how stuff is made, so i have more money to my gear, i have started to learn to solder and im going to train my self untill i can solder correctly and can solder my patch cables correct, and be able to replace potentiometers and a little lighter details if somethings breaks. I have great respect for those who can solder, it is an art form. And it take time to learn.

and you learn a lot about electricity when you talk a lot with electrical engineers and it's fun, it's quick to learn but it takes a long time to understand.

Eurorack is a cheap hobby compared to going out and partying every weekend;)

ok
yes I know that eurorack is small in Scandinavia (I nearly moved to Norway - long story)
but you should also realise that it is small everywhere
I would seriously look into buying the ribbon cables and idc connectors and making your own power cables - not only is it significantly cheaper - less than 0,5€ per cable they literally take 2 minutes to make - so even factoring in your time (and the 5 mins you have to spend watching a video to learn how to - they work still work out cheaper than the 2€+ a bought one costs...

patch cables on the other hand are really fiddly and basically a pain in the ass - so I would buy these... if you want cheaper try to find somewhere that sells in bulk - there was a place in the us where you could get 100 for $120 or so... or just add a few every time you get a new module... I like PolarNoise cables - they should have free shipping to EU countries if you spend over 60€ (20 or so cables)

as for DIY power supplies - I really like the Befaco Excalibus power supplies - again I think you'll probably get free shipping if you buy direct - maybe add a tshirt or a few cables if you need to bump the price up to get free shipping

whilst they're not the most powerful supplies, they are exceptionally quiet - I use them for video synthesis and I see no difference between them and my tiptop mantis - which is effectively the studio bus (ie not uZeus - they are noisy) which is also very quiet and has been recommended as a video synthesis power supply - any ripple can be seen on screen so there is no ripple up to video rates which is considerably higher than audio (audio is KHz, video is MHz) they are also reverse and over power protected (which is always handy) and they are available as DIY - not quick as there are a lot of solder joints (26 * 16 just for the idc headers) but are a good way of practicing your soldering skills - they also tend to run of old laptop power bricks - I've got 1 running on an old IBM Thinkpad power supply (which must be over 25 years old)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I have a few hundred cables in total, and the ones I use and have most of are actually polar noise cables, the braided cables are really good but if you have a compact patch, I use braided to 45 cm and up and regular cables under it to get more place. other cables I dark that I use a lot of are also Hosa patch cables because you get up from the modules and they are nice to work with.

I will have hinton and acopian power system with bus bar as I know what my big system will look like. I like over kill ;)

I am looking and searching for mouser and elfa to find the right cables and connectors for both ribbon and hinton / modular addict. but I'm still unsure because I have some knowledge before I buy bulk. so is there anyone who has a list of materials and tools and a good multimeter and how to set it up, I'm super happy. i find no video online that says what is the top notch of this ,. if I do it myself, I can buy as good as the absolute best cables and connectors for the purpose.

If you have hinton busbars already sorted out I'd send them an email to ask! they'll almost definitely be able to point you in the right direction - good luck!!!

I've got 300+ patch cables myself - an assortment of all sorts including mutable, polar noise (braided - for very long ones), a few doepfer etc and 80 or so stackcables! they are currently living in a pile on the floor

Hi

Hehe i have my cables military dicipline with color setup and have done my own cable hanger. But om going to do new cable hangers that so all lengths have their own hanger with 12 rows where 6 of the rows are braided and the other 6 are regular. and 12 cables in each row. It should be 30 cm wide. so I can hang the cables i use infront of me:) thought to make 10 of them so for other cables such as splitters ect that may have their own hangers :) and all my cables from keystep pro im going to buy cable stripes so every chanel going to be like one, and i will buy cable orginicer like this and have it infront of my eurorack ready to patch :)
https://www.amazon.se/kabelhållare-kabelhanteringssladd-organiseringsklämmor-självhäftande-USB-laddningskabel/dp/B07T72KRVX/ref=asc_df_B07T72KRVX/?tag=shpngadsglede-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=476539110227&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15570446477426598186&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9062357&hvtargid=pla-779698939660&psc=1
And from controller to eurorack i Will gather with Self-closing cable sock.

I talk to Graham alot last was yesterday. I will do my cable hangers first then im going to start to build my case. Will se how it ends hehe.