Hi Folks! I haven't been on the site too much recently, but I am looking forward to listening to all the new tracks posted. I've been focusing on learning recently purchased modules (Bloom, Chord v2, and the mighty Doepfer A-151 Sequential Switch), as well as trying new production techniques. I really wanted to take a stab at long form ambient, so I submit this example. It's looooong, but that was the point. It's another installment of my Star Trek dialog manglings. Drop it on in the background or throw on some headphones and zone out. Hope you like it as much as I do. Cheers!

=eabc002fc76c41e3aaaf5099fc05dac3

The core foundation for this is a patch I developed on the M32/Subharmonicon. I then layered on a load of other stuff from the modular and again used Pigments 3 to do the granular treatment on the voice. So much of the work on this version was all about removing stuff I initially layered on, to reduce density and have some ebbing/flowing of sections. It was a lot of fun to work on and I definitely want to do more.

Wonderful. A really great exploration. Thanks for sharing this. đź‘Ť

Great headphone listening, loving the pads and evolving melodies, nice insight about peeling back the layers... sometimes easy to forget on a modular!

Thank you Mowse and Troux. Yes, it is definitely better in headphones. I probably heard it 30 times through my good set and completely vegged out. ;-)

Hi TumeniKnobs,

Oh wow! This is so beautiful! So beautifully done and such a lovely long track, 26 minutes of pure pleasure! You have some lovely sounds in this track, for example that sound that comes into play just a bit after 18:00+ wow! I could die for a sound like that, so great, so thrilling! :-)

Excellent job and thank you very much for sharing this with us, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield. Yeah I too love that “lead” sound that pick up in the last section. I just wish I could remember how I did that. ;-) I didn’t write anything down for this one. Oh well, that’s modular. Cheers!

It's funny how modularists share this taste for Star Trek. I don’t escape it either... There is a Communicator (a nice toy version) preciously placed between my Mother-32 and my 0-Coast... :))

Artificial Singularity is a good ambient track. Congratulations!
I especially like the density and the smoothness of the pads. The depth of the mix and the spacialization too.

The length may seem daring and we too often hesitate to produce on such a dimension. But the theme lends itself well.

Great, see you on the bridge!

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

lovely textures! and i love it to use some human voice for ambient tunes as long as they stay in the background, it's even not important to me to understand it, it just creates a perfect vibe with reverb and delay. for my own taste the voice is bit too loud at some points but still very cool:)

It's funny how modularists share this taste for Star Trek. I don’t escape it either... There is a Communicator (a nice toy version) preciously placed between my Mother-32 and my 0-Coast... :))

Artificial Singularity is a good ambient track. Congratulations!
I especially like the density and the smoothness of the pads. The depth of the mix and the spacialization too.

The length may seem daring and we too often hesitate to produce on such a dimension. But the theme lends itself well.

Great, see you on the bridge!
-- Sweelinck

Thanks for the compliments! Much appreciated. I just finished going through ST:V again and started another run through TNG. Star Trek is just so much more appealing to me than pretty much all other TV/movies. But these days I keep shouting “why the hell is it so easy to get locked out of those systems?!” Haha!

Hi TumeniKnobs,

Oh that's a pity that you forgot how you made that great sound. Next time install a few cameras that observe exactly what you are doing so you can reproduce it ;-) Just kidding, I can't wait for more great sounds coming from you! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads