A quick and dirty test of the AJH Wave Swarm. I'm running it through a number of oscillators - Instruō TšL, Xaoc Devices Odessa, Mutable Instruments Plaits and Rings. Loving this guy so far. It does exactly what I hoped for in thickening up the sound and giving it some movement. It can be brutal too, as you'll hear, but in the sweet spots it's huge and rich. It solved a problem and saved me buying a complex oscillator. Thanks to Ben at Elevator Sound for the suggestion.

Interesting post, thanks! Question: Panharmonium is a pass-through in the video above until around 9 minutes yes?

I recently got Wave Swarm hoping it would be a way to get thickened stereo versions of any wave I throw at it yet. So far I've only tried it on my smaller system with headphones and I'm not blown away by the results. In the next few days I'll get to try it on my bigger system via monitors and I'm hoping I'll hear a more positive and more noticeable difference.

What I have heard so far is a clear sound which I think would be described as "multi-oscillator detune phase interference" which is common to the "supersaw" sounds we've all heard. What I haven't heard yet (and am hoping to) is stereo width and a strong illusion of supersaw-like sounds given (nearly) any input wave.

Thanks for the post. If I have any new insights / learnings from my Wave Swarm I'll circle back with those.

Hi Gumbo23,

Thanks a lot for the AJH - Wave Swarm module, wasn't aware of this module yet. Thanks to your demo, I am now fully aware of it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Interesting post, thanks! Question: Panharmonium is a pass-through in the video above until around 9 minutes yes?

• If I understood you correctly, yes, the Pan is doing nothing until later in the video.

I recently got Wave Swarm hoping it would be a way to get thickened stereo versions of any wave I throw at it yet. So far I've only tried it on my smaller system with headphones and I'm not blown away by the results. In the next few days I'll get to try it on my bigger system via monitors and I'm hoping I'll hear a more positive and more noticeable difference.

• I've not done enough with it yet, but I feel I'm getting subtle versions of what you describe. But the difference between the raw oscillator and the 'swarmed' version is fantastic. But it's not super wide stereo. I just wanted to thicken up the TsL in particular, without having to buy a CsL or similar. That said, I have a Castor & Pollux on order, and hope the Swarm will give that more thickness.

What I have heard so far is a clear sound which I think would be described as "multi-oscillator detune phase interference" which is common to the "supersaw" sounds we've all heard. What I haven't heard yet (and am hoping to) is stereo width and a strong illusion of supersaw-like sounds given (nearly) any input wave.

• I'm wondering if the Acid Rain chainsaw might be better for the pure supersaw effect. I have a lot of digital oscillators, so wanted to get more fatness in my analogue sound sources.

Thanks for the post. If I have any new insights / learnings from my Wave Swarm I'll circle back with those.

• Great - I would appreciate any feedback from your explorations!

-- nickgreenberg

Hi Gumbo23,

Thanks a lot for the AJH - Wave Swarm module, wasn't aware of this module yet. Thanks to your demo, I am now fully aware of it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Hey Garfield - it was recommended by my local eurorack shop, and so far is doing what I wanted it to. I have done a more focused test which I'll upload soon. For me it really works best with plenty of reverb, so I have it running through both the Typhoon and the Desmodus Versio. With some added modulation it really comes to life.