Hi all.

I am building a small 3u rack with Beads as a core component. Recently, the Data Bender has been reeling me in with its bit reduction and general grit. There seems to be a sonic overlap with Beads and the Data Bender.

Is it overkill to include both in a small FX focused rig?

The following video is similar to what I have in mind.

https://m.

Thank you.

fx aid has decent bit reduction - with the xl there's a dedicated cv input for it and it's available over all algorithms - some of which are distortion type things - personally I'd go with that and beads - leaves more space for important things like utilities then

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

fx aid has decent bit reduction - with the xl there's a dedicated cv input for it and it's available over all algorithms - some of which are distortion type things - personally I'd go with that and beads - leaves more space for important things like utilities then
-- JimHowell1970

Thank you very much for that. I had no idea that the FX Aid XL had bit reduction functionality. It looks like a very good option.

I will keep that in mind.

All the best

I'd buy a Disting Mk4 or the EX plus the Beads. They are great in small cases. The Disting has a bit crusher mode built in. So Beads plus a Disting might be a decent alternative if you really want that feature. Plus you get an shizzle-ton of other features when you're not wanting to use a bit crusher.