this user has left ModularGrid

Such a massive drum synth in small package

Loving the small mobile setup and can get pumping dance grooves easily.

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice jam and test of your Endorphin.es - Queen of Pentacles! Ha, ha, you got quite some rhythm there :-) How do you like the Ground Control? It was in the beginning my first choice of sequencer but since they took I don't know... almost 2 years to release it, I went for the Vector from Five12, which I never regretted by the way.

By the way, please don't get angry or disappointed if I wouldn't reply any more to all your jams, that's not because I don't like your jams, it's the opposite, I really do like them however I have decided to soon reduce my time on modulargrid.net in the next few days to have more time for myself to experiment more with my modular system and try to make a few more jams. I have realised that over the last two-and-a-half-years that I have been (very) active here on this forum that I started to have less time left for myself and my modular system. I loved to motivate you and many others by my comments, at least I hoped my posts motivated you and I am sure that without my further help you will be doing great! :-) Though I will going to be less active here, I still will regularly look at the posts and here and there perhaps still create a new post or reply to a post however just not as intensive as I have done in the recent past. Of course I will continue creating review reports and make those available on my website for download.

This all shouldn't stop you from continuing creating great jams and post them here though ;-) Thank you very much for your contributions here and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,

Thanks and no worries. I like Ground Control but I must admit that I’m still learning what it can do. It reminds me of a smaller and easier version of my WMD Metron sequencer. I did order the Erica Synths Black Sequencer to complement it and Rene in my travel cases since Erica Synths has a huge 20% off sale right now on most of their modules and I’m a fan of the Erica Synths modules in my system to use for the Doepfer 6u case. I figure that with four smaller cases, I can use each standalone or together for a larger setup as needs dictate.

Nice :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Thanks! It really is a fun jam box and Endorphin.es makes great stuff. I can get the drums in one module and good sequencer as well with hands on live jam features. I love being able to instantly create cool stutter like effects easily on the Ground Control sequencer or with the FX engine on Queen of Pentacles.

Hi Sacguy71,

I am so jealous, 20% off on Erica Synths, wow :-) Here, barely anything went down in price, especially on modular level the Black Friday wasn't very spectacular.

Have fun with all your recent purchases, I hope still to see jams from you, even if I might not reply to every single one of them, I would much appreciate it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah I had to jump on that deal to complete my Erica Synths rack. I am good on purchases for a long time since I do have these two new sequencers to learn as well as to revisit my other ones that I have not used as much. Really enjoying the small setup with Endorphin.es modules as it gets me into portable dance beat making easily compared to other modules and tools I have used. Now in minutes, I can patch a set of techno, house and trance that gets people grooving on the floor. Even my skeptic friend Steve who dislikes dance music was digging the tones.

I am so jealous, 20% off on Erica Synths, wow :-) Here, barely anything went down in price, especially on modular level the Black Friday wasn't very spectacular.
-- GarfieldModular

Hi GarfieldModular, I don't know where you're based, but Music Store has about 20 Erica Synths modules on sale right now.
As far as I know they have warehouses in Köln and London.

Control Voltage in Portland has the mega sale on the Erica Synths modules. Not sure if they ship overseas. I score close to $200 off of a new Black Sequencer to use with my setups.

Hi Mazz and Sacguy71,

Mazz: Thank you very much for the hint! That's weird, I checked last week Sunday or Monday when they announced their Black Friday sales and there was literately almost nothing interesting. I was there even for a quick moment on location in their shop last week, even then there was nothing special on offer. Now indeed they have a few Erica Synth modules on offer, great, I will check it out :-)

Music Store in Cologne (Köln) is my local dealer where I once and a while test stuff, a bit more than a half hour drive for me, so that's fine :-)

Sacguy71: this Music Store has now Euro 121 (i.e. 20%) off from that Black Sequencer price, they should have done that last year around this time, then I might have bought the Black Sequencer instead of the Five12 Vector ;-) Anyway, I am happy with my Vector, great sequencer!

Thanks again and kind regards, Garfield.

No worries Garfield, Vector is a great sequencer probably one of the best for melodic composition in Eurorack. I love mine the screen is bright and easy to read and creating cool melody is easy and love the variation options. I will do a review and comparison in the future to the Erica Synths Black Sequencer when I get it and have time with it. For me, 2022 will be the year to master my many Eurorack sequencers and not buy any more gear except for cables and blanks. I decided to slow down and master my dozens of modules. Most are easy the sequencers demand time, study and practice as each has different workflow and process. I am really liking my Ground Control it is like a cross between an Arturia Keystep Pro and WMD Metron but very fast nice workflow. Plus it even has USB Midi connection for working with other non-modular gear.