Hey there,

I was hoping I could get some commentary on my rack. I will be pairing my modular primarily with an external sampler (s2400 by Isla Instruments). The goal here is to use the sampler as a bit of a brain, housing drums, chords/leads/vocals, and whatever else. I can also use ableton wherever I’d like, as everything is being run through that.

The modular is there to serve as a “stab lab” creating mostly basslines (which I could sequence live alongside the sampler), as well as sample processing, pre and post s2400 (eg, warm up a break to then be chopped, or chop and then warm up). Eurorack also provides interesting effects like delays, convolution reverb, e560, Morpheus, vocoder and compressor.
There are also a bit of a bare minimum utility modules to be used as well.

Could potentially get some heat from thisb but the eurorack really will serve primarily in creating/processing samples, so I feel, while more utility (logic, random, s+h, etc) it may not be necessary yet since I’m sequencing through the Shuttle Control.

Would love any thoughts, any modules I could look out for, etc.

Thanks!

After looking at the docs on Isla's site, one caveat here might be the audio output levels not matching normal synth signal levels. I'd suggest something like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-a-520-4ch-in-line-preamp Or rather, two of them, as that'll allow you to send ALL separate channels of the S2400 right into the modular's audio path. This then makes all of those play nice with the synth effects.

As for the rest, it seems to be able to deal with most any MIDI you throw at it, so using it to "translate" clocking should work, and the specs show that the clock out on the S2400 operates at the proper +5V level. So there's your lock-up!

After looking at the docs on Isla's site, one caveat here might be the audio output levels not matching normal synth signal levels. I'd suggest something like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-a-520-4ch-in-line-preamp Or rather, two of them, as that'll allow you to send ALL separate channels of the S2400 right into the modular's audio path. This then makes all of those play nice with the synth effects
-- Lugia

Thanks a lot for that suggestion! I had not thought about going this route. This might be the best way to go about it, and make some room for a panning mixer, either in the rack or external, and actually record everything that way I want in one take…

Love that idea. Thank you.