Our fave virtual Eurorack has stepped up to version 2. Plus, there's now a paid version that's on sale until 1 January 2022 that includes all of the VST architecture and a few other new kinks. Looks really tasty, and I'm planning to kick in the (presently) $99 because that VST capability is something I and a bunch of other people have been waiting for.

It's a shame they seem to have dropped the in-rack VCV Recorder module (to push people to buy pro?), that was super convenient...

@Lugia - I remember when I first started posting on Modular Grid, you recommended getting VCV (and I did by the way). Admittedly, I spent more time researching modules and building my first rack outside of playing with VCV because it was "outside the DAW"...that has changed, I bought VCV to use as a VST in Ableton as well now.

JB

I bought VCV to use as a VST in Ableton as well now.
-- jb61264

Exactly my plan, as well. I'll 100% want to pay for THIS! Talk about insane VSTs....!!!

this user has left ModularGrid

Woah that would be awesome use VCV Rack v2 as VST in Ableton and Ableton Push controller. Totally awesome!

On a side note, a million thanks to @Lugia for pushing newbies like me to VCV! It's way more fun than I anticipated.

I'm holding off on any music gear/software purchases until I get out of college, so my virtual modular will be standalone for now. But to be honest, I'm pretty content adding infinite Plaits and Permutations to my virtual rack while I work towards a degree.

Also, did you see the "room brightness" setting? So cool!

Woah that would be awesome use VCV Rack v2 as VST in Ableton and Ableton Push controller. Totally awesome!
-- sacguy71

And THAT is the general idea! The ability to have that VST shell there on VCV is a real gamechanger, and not just for using it as a virtual synth. The VST plug should respond to multiple channels (I forget how many...but it's sufficient), which means that you can set up several processing chains on the same VCV screen...and if you've got a stonkin' potent machine, it can even throw a voice or three of its own into the fray.

this user has left ModularGrid

Ah Lugia, you have given me a valid reason to buy a new computer next year. I’m good on modular gear but my old computer needs a replacement.

Ah Lugia, you have given me a valid reason to buy a new computer next year.
-- sacguy71

You too, huh? Yeah, I'm thinking that if I'm going to get VCV to REALLY work, I'll have to figure out how to pipe the send/return VST signals from the Ableton machine to a dedicated machine for VCV. Could be problematic for that, but any other use would work.

Or, hell, I could just pipe the send/returns out as analog signals (the FIVE is set up for that sort of craziness to a certain extent) and then add an appropriate interface, then run ALL outs via that. It's not too dissimilar to how I'm going to deal with running Grainstorm on my Tab A.

its amazing - I had to spend 1000's of pounds on Eurorack to appreciate the software version as every time I sat down to work out how eurorack worked I used to give up and get really frustrated in the process. Now I use Softube modular and vcv as an ideas playground to try out patches which I can then replicate with hardware -- love it

It's a shame they seem to have dropped the in-rack VCV Recorder module (to push people to buy pro?), that was super convenient...
-- justarandomgeek

In case you don't know, the Recorder is back. It just wasn't ready for initial release.

-- justarandomgeek

In case you don't know, the Recorder is back. It just wasn't ready for initial release.

-- ProggyBoog

Yeah, they've been doing some incremental changes since 2.0.0 dropped. Last I checked (last night) they'd moved on up to 2.0.3