Dear all,

I've got 12 HP left. And I'm treating myself for Christmas another module. However I don't know what. I'm not really missing any function. My rack goes together with a Minibrute 2s for sequencing.
The 12 HP doesn't need to be filled completely. Budget i haven't determined.

On a longer term I want to get a better mixing for the four sound sources. Not sure if this is in the box or outside of it. I miss some basic EQ and easy volume control.

ModularGrid Rack

cheers,

get rid of the a-138 and put a cosmotronic cosmix there

Get rid of the two passive mults in the top row (+4HP). Passive mults as modules are a waste of space in a small build.
With your 16HP buy a Disting EX and an Ornament & Crime Micro.

It's two modules. But it's Christmas and your worth it. :)

And I'll toss my 2 cents in and suggest some Boolean logic plus small clock modulators, especially if this is a companion to the 2S. Plus, Ronin's advice on the mults is spot-on; in a small build like this, the ONLY mult module that should be in there is a buffered mult, and that only if you've got enough (over three is my usual rule of thumb) destinations for a single CV that must be replicated precisely so that all of the modules controlled by it (and those are usually VCOs or similar) do exactly the same thing. Otherwise, what they are are 6 hp that could be used for any number of other things. As for mults, I'd suggest some stackcables or inline multiple widgets, as neither require ANY panel space.

tnx!

I discovered there is one to many passive mult on the top row and a Doepfer clock devider is missing.
The mults where there before i got the Klavis and the clock devider. Both do most of the multiplication.
Indeed the mults are an optimisation = more room = not making it easier :P

The Ornament & Crime is an interesting module. That's indeed something i wasn't looking for but it does add something new to the rack.

tnx!

I discovered there is one to many passive mult on the top row and a Doepfer clock devider is missing.
The mults where there before i got the Klavis and the clock devider. Both do most of the multiplication.
Indeed the mults are an optimisation = more room = not making it easier :P

The Ornament & Crime is an interesting module. That's indeed something i wasn't looking for but it does add something new to the rack.
-- vnauta

Intellijel makes a mult called a "Hub". It's a little red box you can just toss in a drawer when not needed. It's 1:3 and the price is around $10. They are in stock at Perfect Circuit (just checked). They make more sense than chewing up HP. $20 for 4 extra HP of space isn't bad.
https://intellijel.com/shop/accessories/hub/

Actually, I kinda like these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MonoMultBk--black-market-monomult-1x5-splitter-hub-black Easy to get, for one thing...plus you get 1-in/5-out with these, and they come in several colors (I prefer the eye-shattering ones...helps to remind me that something in the patch IS being multed out).

Another option slightly cheaper https://www.perfectcircuit.com/lmntl-splitter-hub.html

this user has left ModularGrid

Ornament and Crime (O&C) is really good and easy to use. Definitely easier than disting ex which is a pain to learn.
I have a micro O&C with base software and a second O&C with Hemispheres on the way.

I have only one suggestion (except of course the removal of some multiples as previously mentioned): a Disting mk4. Small, cheap, easy to use, and perfect for a Xmas tree ;)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).