In hospital. Had some cardiac symptoms around 8 last night, went to the ER, and it looks like I'll be here thru at least tomorrow. So it's not easy to post on the Samsung.

Nevertheless, I'll leave some nagging here to tide everyone over until I've got a real computer again. Until then...

1. Make your cases bigger!

2. MORE VCAs!

3. MORE UTILITIES!

4. No, you really don't need mults in a small build.

5. ALWAYS overspec your P/S current by 25% over your expected current draw.

6. Start your build in a cab that you think is too large...because it probably isn't.

Back in a day or two, hopefully.

Get healthy soon. Synthworld will keep you in our thoughts.

Fingers crossed Lugia - our thoughts are with you!!!
Get Well Soon!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

whoa...my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
So appreciative of all the advice and guidance you've provided me...even though I didn't listen to #1 and #6 I am still having an absolute blast with what I have thanks to you and several others on this awesome forum :)

JB

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wish you good health and fast recovery, friend !
I'll try to increase my knob wiggling rate to somewhat compensate for your absence ;-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Get better soon Lugia!

speedy recovery, while your presence is missed my bank account needs some recovery as well. It seems I am always picking up a new module that I never heard about in your posts (106 Chorus, now that one is lovely)

Sending health and well wishes duder, let us know how things go

Yay...not dead! Going to have to take time-released nitroglycerin tabs for the foreseeable future, though.

Also...there's a disc that'll be at Carle Hospital's records department in a couple of weeks that'll hopefully include the cardiac ultrasound waveforms from one of my tests. That shit sounds VERY alien...and in stereo, even! You know I've gotta do something with it!

Good news @Lugia!

this user has left ModularGrid

Oh my! You have my prayers Lugia! Hope you recover soon. I've had my fair share of health challenges these past few years. Anyways I am recording some samples to my DAW and new audio interface. MOTU 4 and Presonus Studio One are superb partners and lots of tools make it way easier to record and remix modular than when I used Ableton.

Agree- I needed a way larger cases and having these makes life easier since I can swap out what I need to smaller travel cases.
Utiltiies- yeah the VCAs and modulation sources and tools are more important than 50 fancy oscillators!

I should be fine, sacguy. They diagnosed the problem as angina, so now I get to start my day with a time-release nitroglycerin tab for the foreseeable future. The worst part of this was the stress test...which in this case was NOT the usual treadmill-til-u-drop routine. Nooo...first of all, I didn't get food for about 14 hours. That was the test prep. Then this afternoon, they shot me up with some technetium-99 (so I get to be radioactive for another day-ish) then took me for the "stress" part...which involved some hideous chemical that induces the same sort of result, but which had a "slight chance" of causing nausea. Within 30 seconds of that injection, the "slight chance" came on with a vengeance and I was asking for a barf bag. Then...more radioactive needle juice, the second scintillator imaging run...and I noticed something...

The computer they had running the imaging machine was a Hewlett-Packard Z400.

I'm kickin' their ass over here with my Z420 and Z620! Yeah, baybee...always good to know you've got superior firepower!

Get well soon Lugia!

@Lugia Patience and good recovery!
(In our countries, in the United States or in France for my part, we are fortunate to have tremendous expertise and resources in the medical field. This is a privilege. The passion for music being another, so we are doubly privileged :))

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

this user has left ModularGrid

Yay! So glad that you will be ok Lugia! All of your wisdom and advice along with others here have been a tremendous help to me when I started my modular journey two years ago.

Glad to hear that you're ok! Lots of potential song titles in your last post: technetium-99, radioactive needle juice to name a couple...maybe with some cardiac ultrasound waveforms through Morphagene or Arbhar? ;)

JB

good news Lugia!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Glad to hear that you're ok! Lots of potential song titles in your last post: technetium-99, radioactive needle juice to name a couple...maybe with some cardiac ultrasound waveforms through Morphagene or Arbhar? ;)
-- jb61264

Actually, when they did the ultrasound, I noticed that there were some awesome stereo waveforms being generated by the ultrasound transducer's interactions with various body bits...and I checked and I think I can get those on a records disc from Carle Hospital's records department. I'll check on it in a few weeks...

All the best Lugia - and remember - no more high stress posts for you! Doctor's orders!

Hi Lugia,

Sorry to hear about your cardiac symptoms. Glad to hear or rather glad to see your messaging rate is increasing again ;-) I guess that's a good sign :-)

Get better soon, take it easy and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I noticed that there were some awesome stereo waveforms being generated by the ultrasound transducer's interactions with various body bits..
-- Lugia

Have a look at this:
https://www.eegsynth.org/?page_id=522

I'm kickin' their ass over here with my Z420 and Z620! Yeah, baybee...always good to know you've got superior firepower!
-- Lugia

It's not about the gear but what you do widdit.
Though I'm pretty sure yours has more VCAs ;-)
Be well.