Hey everyone, I've gravitated towards these nastier sounding voices since I recently got into modular but noticed Industrial Music Engineering products are very hard to come by. I understand a lot of these companies can really boil down to a very small team so I'm not blaming anyone for the shortage... Really I just wanted to ask what are y'alls opinion on other options regarding raunchier sound design.

I really like some of the sounds I've heard out of Erica Synths and Noise Engineering, really gritty and fat. But I'm torn between multiple voices and slick patching and those impressive FM modules like Piston Honda or Akemie's Castle (price would be similar, right).

At this moment I see that the Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas Percido is available at Modular Freq, on their website and their Reverb store... It's an incredibly powerful module: a wide range of sounds (from percussion to drone), very fat with a lot of dynamics. Do not procrastinate... :)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Take a look at Void Modular's Gravitational Waves...I have it paired with VM's Sirius Veil and love the gritty/fat stuff I get from it. Dual VCO with Ring Modulation built into it as well...a great value IMO

JB

this user has left ModularGrid

I have the Hertz Donut, Kermit and Bionic Lester. All fun modules. Saving for Piston Honda.

At this moment I see that the Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas Percido is available at Modular Freq, on their website and their Reverb store... It's an incredibly powerful module: a wide range of sounds (from percussion to drone), very fat with a lot of dynamics. Do not procrastinate... :)
-- Sweelinck

That last bit is very good advice haha

I'm definitely going to look into that device, I was previously interested in their Manis Iteritas but what you mentioned looks like big brother to it.

Take a look at Void Modular's Gravitational Waves...I have it paired with VM's Sirius Veil and love the gritty/fat stuff I get from it. Dual VCO with Ring Modulation built into it as well...a great value IMO
-- jb61264

Ill check that one out, that brand actually hasn't been very much on my radar. It better be big with a name like gravitational waves!

I have the Hertz Donut, Kermit and Bionic Lester. All fun modules. Saving for Piston Honda.
-- sacguy71

Some men have it all ;-;

Where do you plan on getting it from, I think I've only seen one for sale on reverb and that's about it..

I don't have it all and know some friends with 10x the amount of modular setup but I am making a good progress.
Check with Patchwerks and Detroit Modular they may have some Piston Hondas in stock.

The Void Modular stuff is heavy, definitely check it out.

Control Voltage in Portland, OR currently shows the Piston Honda in stock. (which kinda makes sense, as the IME modules are made in Portland.) (Controlvoltage.net)

An alternative might be the Cloud Terrarium wave table VCO. Has nice color 3D screen and looks super awesome and less expensive than Piston Honda. It may be more clean but fed into a distortion effect should beef it up.

Many amazing modules mentions in here, I definitely need one more voice in my rack to finally feel its complete for what I want to do.
Been watching videos and thinking about all the options:

Gravitational Waves: it's on Etsy at a good price, but don't think it will add much or do anything my Rubicon II already does.
Angle Grinder: after much youtube research, while it looks like something I would use it seems to have a bit too much of white noisy sound to it, so not really sure if it's the best to get right now.
Noise Enginnering VCOs : 20hp, can't fit it and the 10hp ones seem to have too much of the same sounds, not too versatile (still great modules tho).
Piston Honda: sounds phenomenal but so expensive, I'm tempted to go for one tho, only concern is the depth, think I'll have to move some stuff around; there's also Herts Donut... FUCK

I'm obsessed now, must have at least one and then I can make all the fucking noise in the world :D

What you guys think, between Donut and Honda?