Just like last year (album here!, forum post here and here) it's time to let the community shine a little bit and compile everybody's favorite tracks of 2021. So, if you're a member of the forum and have posted a tune in the last year, or even if you're totally new and just want to throw something into the mix, let me know and we'll get this thing put together. All tracks are welcome, pick something you've made that's interesting or that speaks to you or shows what you've learned since you picked this all up, say hello here so we can coordinate, and we'll highlight you and bring everyone a bit more attention for 2022.

I know things are a bit crazy out there at the moment, but this forum continues to be a bright spot for me personally and I'm excited to put together another cool album of everyone's tunes :)

this user has left ModularGrid

I am down for it and plan to record some new modular tracks by year end.

Oh yes, can’t wait! Good chance to set up the iPad to continuously record and pick out some good parts later 😀💪

Already excited to hear what everyone sends in this year.

Bump to keep this on people's radar, I haven't been on top of things as much this year, but ping to my list from last year @Exposure, @defragmenteur, @Rassell, @mowse, @sacguy71, @funbun, @aphew_goodman, @zuggamasta, @farkas, @yalivec, @GarfieldModular, @mog00, @wishbonebrewery, @the-erc, @cyberneticOhm, and anyone else I'm forgetting...

Hey Troux, check your private messages! ;-)

How do we participate? I am working on several new tracks and here is a taste:

A captured jam of last year:

But I would be happy to make something new for this occasion.

Got it @defragmenteur! @sacguy71 and @M10C send me a track via DM if you would so we get the best quality. Also send a link to your online presence so we can link back to you.

OK. Any closing date for this?

I’m planning on putting some new stuff together before the end of the year. I’ll be in touch.
Thanks for doing this again, @troux.

Hello Troux,

I sent you a private message, see details in that message. I look forward in hearing the compilation results and thanks a lot for your efforts for doing this for all of us :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Within the next week or so @M10C, and that's awesome @farkas, looking forward to it.

@troux Great, will do my best and thanks for making this possible!

I'm down to throw down

I also would like to participate !! Totally missed that last year.

Sweet, DM me your tracks!

DM sent just now with my modular track. I’m planning to release a modular dance album next year as my personal challenge for the new year. Might as well make music with my modular!

Getting lots of DMs here, nice tracks everyone and looking forward to more. A few folks have asked about cutoff, I'm thinking the 29th or 30th so if you're interested you still have a week!

Oh yes! I loved last year's compilation, can't wait to get the 2021 one. I'll be sending my track right away!

Getting some submissions, who else wants to join in?!

I really need to get my stuff together and record. But all current patches are just soooo messy.

Getting some submissions, who else wants to join in?!
-- troux

Still want to join!

Can I send it tomorrow evening (21:00 CET)? Patch is ready but it can use some finetuning before I hit "record"...

I'd let you have this but it was a live stream so I have no backup audio

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hopefully is this OK for the "Best of".

Tomorrow I will do a final one. The mix needs a bit more attention.

Cool @M10C, downloaded. @wishboonebrewery, you have some non-streams you recorded this year too right? There was one techno jam you made with Marbles in particular that was really standout. I'll see if I can find it.

@farkas, @JimHowell1970 you two got anything cookin up?

I haven't been satisfied with any ideas I've come up with over the past couple of months, but I'm working on a guitar/synth collab with a friend tonight. Not sure if we'll stumble upon with anything worthwhile though. I'll message you if anything comes of it. Creative lulls are frustrating. I'm sure it will pass eventually.

What about Hauntitled or Juniper @farkas? Both are pretty fantastic!

Juniper would be good. Kind of in the vein of some other stuff I was messing around with. Good call. Let me know if you need a wav file. I think you already have that one though.
Thanks!

Sweet!

Since live streaming I've not saved a single file! I'll have to try plugging the little Tascam recorder in!

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

What about RRR or Anna Logue @wishbonebrewery? Both bangers

Well, nice stuff already in this thread, so I would like to contribute something...

I started a recording project about plants playing my modular, called it Plant Music and started to post the results here:

See you again in 2022 anyone!
M.

I've literally no saved files, might have to try a Youtube downloader thing.

I sent something! (late as usual)

I've literally no saved files, might have to try a Youtube downloader thing.
-- wishbonebrewery

before you fry your machine with some malicious program, you can also try to pull the MP4 from youtube (in the videos settings when logged in) and then render only the audio with a program like Premiere Pro or even Blender (free, but a little weird for this task)

@troux - check PMs...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Damn! I forgot to PM you sooner. Hopefully I’m not too late… Cheers!

No worries all, we're running a bit behind. For those who haven't DM'ed me say hello and we'll sort getting your files.

before you fry your machine with some malicious program, you can also try to pull the MP4 from youtube (in the videos settings when logged in) and then render only the audio with a program like Premiere Pro or even Blender (free, but a little weird for this task)

-- zuggamasta

I never realised you could do that, I did find a website that lets you paste in the video link to YT and then spits out an Mp3.

Holy crap there is a lot of good stuff on this thread...I have a long ways to go before I submit anything this good, but I have an entire year to get better before 2022's thread :)

JB

wishbonebrewery—you can download any video from your YouTube channel (Manage Videos or Channel Content)

Also, there are Apps (programs) to download from YouTube like 4K Video Downloader and Gihosoft TubeGet.

All the best.

wishbonebrewery—you can download any video from your YouTube channel (Manage Videos or Channel Content)

Also, there are Apps (programs) to download from YouTube like 4K Video Downloader and Gihosoft TubeGet.

All the best.
-- cmb_

Found it, and I can split the Audio off in Sound Forge.

Hi Troux,

I hope you are doing well? Haven't heard from you for a while... and well... you know...

I was wondering... how is the compilation going alone? :-)

No pressure, just checking ;-) Thank you very much in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi! I'm working with Steve on getting this one out. We are pushing hard to get it released very very soon. One thing that is super important to me is to make sure every artist appears in the description with a link to where people can find their work. I'm missing a few contributers.

M10C - (Provided me links)
Jim Howell - (Provided me links)
TumeniKnobs - (Provided me links)
Basil -
Solitare ou Solidaire - (Provided me links)

I'm going to go through and find some links I can use, but please. If you are on this list, let me know what link you would like me to direct listeners to. This is the best and most effective way I can give back to artists who contribute. Thanks so much and much love to Steve Hand for making this happen.

EDIT: Edited to update list.

We're live! Sorry for the delays you all, but happy to get this out, excellent work for everyone in 2021 :)

https://communitymodularelectronic.bandcamp.com/album/best-of-modular-grid-2021-cme-032

hmm my Track is missing

Awesome. Thanks for putting this together.

@Quantum_Eraser I'll take a look and get back to you. Should be easy to correct.

@troux - can you please delete the last character (4) of my track title - it's the mix number - not part of the title!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Will get that fixed @JimHowell1970. @Quantum_Eraser I checked my email and I never got a WeTransfer from you. If you can send one over to the email I sent you here we can slot it in.