I wrote Happy Nerding to ask when they may be releasing a new batch of the 3X VCA and received a reply that their chip supplier stopped making the chips that have been used...it looks like they will have to redesign for any chips that may be available going forward, but for now it sounds like goodbye to the 3X VCA :(

JB

You might let them know that it might be worth their time to dig around eBay for a while. It's possible that they can find some NOS ones...there's been a bunch of components on reels turning up as of late.

You might let them know that it might be worth their time to dig around eBay for a while. It's possible that they can find some NOS ones...there's been a bunch of components on reels turning up as of late.
-- Lugia

I will...Igor replied to me that Cool Audio wasn't making their chips anymore...I'll let them know about the eBay potential.

JB

I will...Igor replied to me that Cool Audio wasn't making their chips anymore

-- jb61264

OK, now THAT'S disturbing. Cool Audio is, basically, Uli. There's one of two possibilities...

1) Tribe is depending on the same chip fabs in China that ALSO have the production lines snarled for any number of things from cars to appliances. If this is the problem, then it's a big one.

2) Uli's squandering the chips for his own production lines since there ARE serious supply issues going on, and Tribe needs to keep their factories going.

My bet is that the truth consists of parts of both of those possibilities.