I started with the 2 CV jack version, and didn't gel with it at all. He sent me the 4 CV jack version (this one), and it's a whole different story. And I tell you the Zadar is this thing's best friend (with s/h modulation from ModBox). I have 4 Error Instruments modules, and this is my favorite at the moment. I find the way he implements his CV inputs pretty frustrating. For example you can't use Maths without some external voltage offset. Zadar has nice 0 to 10 volt output adjustment, so it's plays well with EI.

Another possibility: a Quadrax + Qx. By chaining the EOR points on the Qx to each next EG and proceeding to loop things back from EOR on the 4th EG to the start on EG 1, you get this constant "strum"...with voltage control by using CV over the "attack" (in this case, it's referred to as "rise") so that you can make the "strum" longer, shorter, or more/less erratic. Works nice with VCAs, too...like having a Veils on a complex VCO with numerous waveform outputs.

What do the 4x CV inputs do? is it one for each pot?

Is the the Drum Out just like it says then the Audio out is everything else without the kick?

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

What do the 4x CV inputs do? is it one for each pot?

Is the the Drum Out just like it says then the Audio out is everything else without the kick?
-- wishbonebrewery

Yes on the CV's. I believe the drum out is the audio through a vactrol LPG.

Another possibility: a Quadrax + Qx. By chaining the EOR points on the Qx to each next EG and proceeding to loop things back from EOR on the 4th EG to the start on EG 1, you get this constant "strum"...with voltage control by using CV over the "attack" (in this case, it's referred to as "rise") so that you can make the "strum" longer, shorter, or more/less erratic. Works nice with VCAs, too...like having a Veils on a complex VCO with numerous waveform outputs.
-- Lugia

I've been meaning to get a Quadrax, but I wonder how it reacts to the EI CV inputs. Maths gets shut down completely when you plug it into this module.

I've been meaning to get a Quadrax, but I wonder how it reacts to the EI CV inputs. Maths gets shut down completely when you plug it into this module.
-- mntbighker

"Shut down" how, exactly? A module like Maths shouldn't simply shut down when you patch it up.

You are watching the unity output light flash in accordance with the envelope you have dialed in. Plug it into an Error Instruments CV input and the light on Maths stops illuminating. There is no envelope. If you plug the unity into say an A*B+C to provide a voltage offset it will then work.

I have just added the Error Instruments modules to my growing list of "digital" modules that crash, or otherwise stop working as expected if left running for extended periods. If you do generative type work that requires hours or days of use, this is worth knowing. Another example of this is my 4MS Ensemble. It took months before 4MS finally identified they had an issue. And more weeks or months before a firmware update was made available. I'm not even sure if it's a published update to this day. In the case of this Indian Resonator the situation actually seems to have gotten worse. It can stop working as expected even over night.

@mntbighker, have you contacted Paul about this?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

@mntbighker, have you contacted Paul about this?
-- JimHowell1970

Not until I have a chance to test on each of my 3 power supply options in my rack. Most builders don't care much if their module survives running for hours or days. It's a pretty edge case I feel.

what power supplies??

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

4MS Pod, Intellijel Pallet and TipTop. It lives in a 4MS Pod.

which tiptop - I've never had an issue with my mantis - not tried the other ones

hope you can get it sorted out - good luck!

My 4ms Ensemble also crash after a few days running. My case is an Erica Synth Skiff Monster Case. Where can I download the new firmware?