So, I'm only 9 months into this journey and just want to reach out to everyone to say thank you. This really is a great community of diverse opinions that are always willing to listen and provide useful information in the sometimes difficult daunting space of modular. I haven't yet shared anything because for the most part anything I've really done really kind of sucks compared to all the other great music I hear by users on the forum...but I am starting to get the hang of putting things together and making progress...promise to come out of my 'sharing shell' in 2022 :)

I wish everyone health and happiness in the new year...may this next trip around the sun be everyone's best yet ahead.

Happy New Year!

JB

Happy new year to you @jb61264. I'm glad you are here. Looking forward to hearing your music in 2022!

Happy New year.
I'm very sure the first thing I made was really simple and would have been a 2hp Pluck going through some Reverb and I was sending it Triggers from a Roland Boutique Sh-01, that made me happy though and look at the rack mess I'm in 2 years or so later :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I want to wish you all the very best for 2022!

throws some save fireworks

Happy new year to you @jb61264. I'm glad you are here. Looking forward to hearing your music in 2022!
-- farkas

Thanks Farkas! Looking forward to getting over my fear of sharing something I've created

JB

Happy New year.
I'm very sure the first thing I made was really simple and would have been a 2hp Pluck going through some Reverb and I was sending it Triggers from a Roland Boutique Sh-01, that made me happy though and look at the rack mess I'm in 2 years or so later :)
-- wishbonebrewery

Wait, does this mean brewing my own beer is the next step in modular? ;) Looks like a really nice mess that you have setup there. Interesting you're triggering from your SH-01...I'm sort of in a similar learning curve with sending and receiving stuff from modular to my Hydrasynth desktop

JB

-- M01C

Same to you in 2022...very clever modular fireworks there! :)

JB

Happy New year.
-- wishbonebrewery

Wait, does this mean brewing my own beer is the next step in modular? ;) Looks like a really nice mess that you have setup there. Interesting you're triggering from your SH-01...I'm sort of in a similar learning curve with sending and receiving stuff from modular to my Hydrasynth desktop

-- jb61264

I just realised, The TR-09 for Triggers, used to be hooked up via Midi to the SH-01 for Pitches and gates. I don't do that now but thats how I started out.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Happy New year.
-- wishbonebrewery

-- jb61264

I just realised, The TR-09 for Triggers, used to be hooked up via Midi to the SH-01 for Pitches and gates. I don't do that now but thats how I started out.

Cool...I have a TR-8S that I'm using as my main source for drums...it in itself is quite the rabbit hole of learning and integrating into Ableton Live

JB

Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone! Stay healthy and let's hope 2022 will be a great (modular) synth year :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

-- M01C

Same to you in 2022...very clever modular fireworks there! :)

-- jb61264

Cheers!