Hi, im build a eurorack-system and so for i've came up to this:

ModularGrid Rack

Any thoughts or advices of this?

please post a link to your public rack (the actual url) and not to a jpg - they are useless - especially if you want specific recommendations about modules!

get a bigger case - mantis is better value and has better power than the intellijel - you'll losse the 1u row and the built in utilities, but they aren't that much of a benefit imo - tiny beauty cases are great for demonstrating specific patches on you tube, not so great for actual modular synthesis!

think (loosely)

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

loosely as sometimes the lines can be blurred - multiple oscillators + a mixer = 1 sound source, some filters can be used as sound sources etc etc

do you need midi and a 4 channel sequencer and a dual quantizer (with a built in sequencer) I doubt it and starter cash would be better spent elsewhere rather than duplicating ways to play!

read a lot of other newbie posts and their replies - specifically regarding modulation and utiltiies - much more important than what oscillators you have imo

if you want to learn modular synthesis as opposed to synthesis with modules - then maths (and the 'maths illustrated supplement') are an extremely good jumping off point...

have fun!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

thanks Jim and sorry about the link. definitely i get a bigger case. you're right!
the only thought, think need midi, some devices that sport a USB port as well. so i can connect my computer directly to my Eurorack system. like µMIDI Intellijel. also a weird sequencer maybe Pam's and mimetic.
I would like to hear your thought if it's not trouble

I think this is almost exactly one of the modular set-ups from Ricky Tinez's videos and he does some pretty cool shit with it so you should be good, plus more room to grow!

I would definitely get a bigger case tho, the mantis is a great choice.

I think this is almost exactly one of the modular set-ups from Ricky Tinez's videos and he does some pretty cool shit with it so you should be good
-- pestilent

If you have Ricky Tinez's experience and talent, and his supply of additional modules in a larger rig for when you chafe at the restrictions of a small setup...!

I think this is almost exactly one of the modular set-ups from Ricky Tinez's videos and he does some pretty cool shit with it so you should be good, plus more room to grow!

the salient point here is "one of the modular set-ups" - ie there are multiple - each one lasts as long as a video - they are patch specific!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

thanks Jim and sorry about the link. definitely i get a bigger case. you're right!
the only thought, think need midi, some devices that sport a USB port as well. so i can connect my computer directly to my Eurorack system. like µMIDI Intellijel. also a weird sequencer maybe Pam's and mimetic.
I would like to hear your thought if it's not trouble
-- tsir

you might want to look at the expert sleepers fh2 - or just look at modules on here: midi (function), usb (search field)

you'll have to sift through quite a few - make sure you get midi to cv modules and not cv to midi!

Questions and comments:

The Lapsus and the Quadratt do much of the same thing. Why do you have both in this small case?
The Intellijel VCAs do not have any kind of manual control (like a bias knob). I would start out with 2 to 4 VCAs with bias controls. I'd lose the Intellijel VCAs as well as the USB port and put in an Intellijel Noise Tools unit for some Sample & Hold, slew, and noise goodness.

Scales is nice. But if you're okay with not having real time controls, a Disting EX or a Ornaments & Crime Micro will give you quantizer functionality. Plus when not needed for quantizing they can do a lot of other useful stuff. In a small case, getting more out of each module is definitely a huge bonus. Look into both the Disting EX and O&C and see if they are right for you.

I would also get a small stereo mixing module. Budget around 6 to 8 HP for that. The Quadratt can be used as a mixer. But I think of that as secondary, as the attenuverting portion is much more useful, especially with modules that don't have built in attenuverters.

The BIGGEST ISSUE.
Steppy and Mimetic need external clocks to make them function. Where is this clock going to come from? Also, where will you get the reset signal to restart them both in sync? I would put something like a Pamela's New Workout in the case. It also has multiple functions that are very useful.

Final thoughts:
Small cases seem ideal for first cases. But they are not. Larger cases allow for growth and learning. They are much more forgiving WHEN you change your mind or your level of knowledge expands. Also, small cases tend to have depth restrictions. Not all modules fit in shallow cases like a Palette. Be sure to do your homework on EVERYTHING if you really insist on a palette case.

Questions and comments:

The Lapsus and the Quadratt do much of the same thing. Why do you have both in this small case?
The Intellijel VCAs do not have any kind of manual control (like a bias knob). I would start out with 2 to 4 VCAs with bias controls. I'd lose the Intellijel VCAs as well as the USB port and put in an Intellijel Noise Tools unit for some Sample & Hold, slew, and noise goodness.

Scales is nice. But if you're okay with not having real time controls, a Disting EX or a Ornaments & Crime Micro will give you quantizer functionality. Plus when not needed for quantizing they can do a lot of other useful stuff. In a small case, getting more out of each module is definitely a huge bonus. Look into both the Disting EX and O&C and see if they are right for you.

I would also get a small stereo mixing module. Budget around 6 to 8 HP for that. The Quadratt can be used as a mixer. But I think of that as secondary, as the attenuverting portion is much more useful, especially with modules that don't have built in attenuverters.

The BIGGEST ISSUE.
Steppy and Mimetic need external clocks to make them function. Where is this clock going to come from? Also, where will you get the reset signal to restart them both in sync? I would put something like a Pamela's New Workout in the case. It also has multiple functions that are very useful.

Final thoughts:
Small cases seem ideal for first cases. But they are not. Larger cases allow for growth and learning. They are much more forgiving WHEN you change your mind or your level of knowledge expands. Also, small cases tend to have depth restrictions. Not all modules fit in shallow cases like a Palette. Be sure to do your homework on EVERYTHING if you really insist on a palette case.

-- Ronin1973

thank you Ronin for your message. is very helpful. Yeah the Ornaments & Crime Micro It is incredible! definitely fit for me,
also Pamela's.
So, I would is to draw up again in a 2 x 104 hp cab (ie: a Mantis "footprint"), and then let a few of your thoughts or advices.
thank you very much :)))

thank you Ronin for your message. is very helpful. Yeah the Ornaments & Crime Micro It is incredible! definitely fit for me,
also Pamela's.
So, I would is to draw up again in a 2 x 104 hp cab (ie: a Mantis "footprint"), and then let a few of your thoughts or advices.
thank you very much :)))

-- tsir

The Mantis is a good, low cost choice. But remember that it doesn't come with 1U rails. Steppy comes in a 3U (vertical) form but the Quadratt doesn't. But you can substitute a 3U Triplatt in its place. There are plenty of nice output and MIDI modules in 3U as well.

Also, if you really have to have some Intellijel 1U modules in a 3U system, there are adapter packages for that.