I started last year with my rack after asking for your advice, and after a lot of changes this is what I arrived to (edit: if I was being a bit vague, this thing is not a plan any more, it exists phsysically :) ). It's a Mantis case, and this is the first time I feel that I'm comfortable with it and don't feel an immediate need to swap a module for something else. That's why I'm asking you, in which direction would you take this thing:
As a context: this is a pure hobby case with the sole goal of having fun without staring at a computer screen. I'm not (publicly) performing and not publishing any music. I basically enjoy just sitting down with a basic patch idea and expanding on it. Somehow I frequently end up with some techno-ish stuff...
I was originally planning to add more VCAs, but at the moment I feel comfortable with the Quad VCA that I have, also considering that Twin Waves and Ikarie both have built in ones. I also feel that the Zadar channels themselves can be modulated enough without additional VCAs. I might add some more in the future as my technique improves (if it ever does).
I was also originally planning to have a Quadrax instead of the Zadar, but the 4 HP difference proved to be more important. At the moment I'm using Maths for the snappier envelopes.
What I'm thinking about adding if I ever decide to expand:
* Mixing with effect sends. At the moment I'm connecting my 4x Stereo Mixer and my VCA sum always differently to the output module and to my effects. This could use some standardisation :)
* I find that I love filters. I would like to have more.
* I think I could use some more tightly controllable clocked modulation. Maybe something like a Maestro.
* Ring modulator, I don't have a "through zero" VCA at the moment.
* Something to improve how the complete mix sounds. Worng Soundstage, Jumble Henge or some EQ-Modules maybe.
* Maybe a Morphagene...
Thanks for your opinions!