Heya twiddlers,
Being into modular since a time and trying to downsize and focus myself on this one here. Music im up to is ambientish downtempo or so.. I got a machinedrum and some drum modules nearby, which are also feeding this case for fx. Whole mixing happening in another case + signature 12 for daw recording. Nerd is currently my main track builder,
bitbox as sampler for fieldrecdronestuff, Voltage Block for modulation and quick builings. Also there's a keystep pro for jamming.

The upper 1u is an led lamp from the case, middle one has two passive mults.

Don't have people with modular in my bubble so was kind of interested what others would think about the assemble. I have fun atm but would be open for changes (-; I now its pretty subtractive and I think its time to drift forward.. the chord doesn't gets this much cables its deserves, also im not so sure about the moonphase but both have some sweetspots to discover ... rubicon is an fm beast and really like its behaviour but always needs help from outside and therefore its kind of to big for me.. maybe a klavis twin wave or 2 dixies...
One of the distings usually ends up as a reverb /fx which feels kind of squanderedy, so maybe a fx aid if space pops up...?

sooo what's on your minds?

Thanks and enjoy that u enjoy

ModularGrid Rack

12u 80hp

Also building cases out of old military boxes. But that maybe another thread with pictures :~~~~~~~~~~)

No Cheeseburger no sloths

this user has left ModularGrid

The Modbab Modular Performer spontaneously comes to my mind as one for cool spacy effects. A good idea would also be a sequencing switch, e.g. to route different tracks or CV modulations to different FX and/or modulation targets. E.g. the Livestock Electronics - Maze , Erica Synths / Sacrament Modular - Cursible or the Qu-Bit Electronix - Synapse .

I'm also in two minds about the Moonphase, though I think it takes a bit of learning and some careful tweaking to get the best out of it. It may get sold if I buy another Stereo filter, I do use my 3 other mono filters way more than the Moonphase and can make interesting Stereo (Dual Mono) effects with 2 mono filters. All that said, I sort of think if I did sell the Moonphase I would immediately find a use for it ;-)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

-- Next_G

Sequenced cv/fx routing seems interesting in ideas but also tending to sound sludge I guess :B buuut definitely will try out. I kind of feel repulsive at the performers layout.. but think its handy for fast rythmic fx on drums or so.

-- wishbonebrewery

Pretty sums up my relation with the moons (-;

Thanks for input guys!

actual link:

ModularGrid Rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks Jim! Now I got it ;) but its not the current state..? So changes coming in a bit later a guess

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities