I built this beast but it’s not complete. I don’t actually own the4MS Ensemble Oscillator the FX AID XL or the Malekko Quad VCA. I think I will buy them but you can never know until you hit buy on the website.

I don’t know what I am doing yet.

Take the Neutron out. Here's why...

We'll assume that the case is actually a Doepfer A-100 P9, which "streets" at $675. The case has a total of 252 hp available. And the Neutron goes for $329.

675/252 = 2.68 This is the cost per HP of the cab.

80 x 2.68 = 214.40 This is the EXTRA cost to house the Neutron in the Doepfer cab.

As such, this then makes the Neutron cost $543.40 while, at the same time, you've got a synth that should already have a case taking up 80 hp in a case that should be for modules that don't have that case of their own. And you need that space, mainly because there's a lot of small modules here that would be more usable if you went with larger versions. Case in point: the uGrids. Now, yes, the original's discontinued, so the only option there if you have to have one, it'll either be a clone (like here) or a used Mutable one. But given that the original is 16 hp and the clone here is half that, you'll almost certainly run into ergonomics issues which wouldn't be so limiting had you had access to Mutable's original. But then, if you go bigger with the modules, you then run into that Neutron again...which basically prevents expanding into more player-friendly modules by taking up all but the last 4 hp in an entire row.

Take the Neutron out. Here's why...

We'll assume that the case is actually a Doepfer A-100 P9, which "streets" at $675. The case has a total of 252 hp available. And the Neutron goes for $329.

675/252 = 2.68 This is the cost per HP of the cab.

80 x 2.68 = 214.40 This is the EXTRA cost to house the Neutron in the Doepfer cab.

As such, this then makes the Neutron cost $543.40 while, at the same time, you've got a synth that should already have a case taking up 80 hp in a case that should be for modules that don't have that case of their own. And you need that space, mainly because there's a lot of small modules here that would be more usable if you went with larger versions. Case in point: the uGrids. Now, yes, the original's discontinued, so the only option there if you have to have one, it'll either be a clone (like here) or a used Mutable one. But given that the original is 16 hp and the clone here is half that, you'll almost certainly run into ergonomics issues which wouldn't be so limiting had you had access to Mutable's original. But then, if you go bigger with the modules, you then run into that Neutron again...which basically prevents expanding into more player-friendly modules by taking up all but the last 4 hp in an entire row.

-- Lugia

There is no Neutron in the case. I assume you’ve commented on some old version. Whatever you said is probably very accurate and well reasoned but not applicable.

There is no Neutron in the case. I assume you’ve commented on some old version. Whatever you said is probably very accurate and well reasoned but not applicable.
-- The-Invisible-Hand-Of-CV

unless I'm imagining things there is a neutron in the case pictured above - maybe the thumbnail is out of date - try refreshing the rack and then re-linking!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

unless I'm imagining things there is a neutron in the case pictured above - maybe the thumbnail is out of date - try refreshing the rack and then re-linking!

-- JimHowell1970

I have no idea what’s going on but >

-- JimHowell1970

I’ve no idea what that is but there is a Neutron in that case. That’s not mine so it’s not applicable to me or any of my items.

Oh well, now everything seems to be a case with a neutron everywhere but when I log in and look at it in my modular option from the menu. Oh well. This a curious happening. At any rate I don’t have a Neutron in a Dopefer A-100 cases.

try refreshing your rack before re linking it

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

try refreshing your rack before re linking it
-- JimHowell1970

It’s fine on my end and that’s all I need it to be. I don’t know why the url that works for me does not otherwise. I don’t have any idea how to find the rack with the Neutron in it unless I link to it from my email notification that someone has replied to this. If I log in and go to the my modular feature there is no issue. These comments are not under the accurate case with no Neutron.

Where is the Case???

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

Where is the Case???
-- Broken-Form

ModularGrid Rack

It may be here but yesterday all my links were garbage. If that link takes you to some Neutron in the bottom row of a 9U case then I have you the wrong link. I have no idea why this issue exists but it’s not an issue for me. My phone and computer have the accurate case and I can’t even find the mystery case this discussion is about without clicking a link in an email that yet again someone is making a comment about a rack that’s got sweet fuck to do with me or mine. It’s an eternal mystery.