I hope that I'm not violating any regulations here, but I haven't found anything suitable in a hurry.
So here are my questions.
I would like to start in the ambient area, where it seems to be a long way. I bought a few modules on the advice of an Instagram friend.
Here is a list.
Tip top audio power supply with a frame.
Behringer Neutron (not installed in the rack)
Doepfer VCA A130-2
Erica Synths Pico
Clouds Mutable Instruments
Behringer 305 Mixer

That's the current status.
I have no idea where to start or what I can and should patch.
I've already tried a few things, but haven't had a respectable result yet because, as I said, I don't have a basic setting or the knowledge of what module to connect to another one first, or which input and output of the respective module should use.

You have to start somehow.
For example, patching the output to this input.

Any beginning.

I sincerely hope that someone can help me.

PS.: Before the standard sentence comes, it's a years-long learning process, I know that, but there must be some basic setting so that you can lure out the first notes.

Greetings Iceman

Why don't you start with just the Neutron, which is a self-contained semi-modular, so there are default connections made for you? There are some example patches in the manual that you can try reproducing and then altering. When you understand more about the functionality of the various parts, you will be able to introduce additional modules.

You might ask your Instagram friend the reasons for their choices and what they thought you would do with them. There are many Erica Synths Pico modules; you need to specify which one you have.

Hi, thx for the answer.
first it`s the Erica Synths Pico SEQ.

I bought the Neutron first and it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

The only thing I got out of the device was a constant purring and humming.

I then saw videos on YouTube where different people conjured up wonderful spherical sounds with very small systems like mine.

That was exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone else to ask.

Have I bought junk now? I thought the modules were OK for starters.

The YouTube videos can be misleading. It is possible to get wonderful sounds with a few modules. But one has to choose them carefully and connect them in particular ways. One doesn't want only one wonderful sound, but many different wonderful sounds, and that might require more than a few modules.

I don't have direct experience with any of your components. I don't think that you can do anything interesting with the VCA, the Seq, Clouds, and the mixer by themselves. They're not junk, but they wouldn't work in one of those videos, not by themselves. They can be used to enhance what the Neutron does, but only if you know how to use the Neutron. You can avoid the constant sound of the Neutron (changed only by turning the tuning knobs) by giving the oscillator some pitch information via MIDI. A keyboard would be the best learning tool for this. You can use a computer or tablet, but it is more complicated to set up.

The link below my messages is my write-up of one possible introduction to modular synthesis. It doesn't talk specifically about your devices, but the concepts are transferable. You can find sections on the Neutron that correspond to things I talk about, and see if you can duplicate the results. If it is not to your taste, there are many other such resources.

Thank you.
I'll read about it and try to implement it

Without naming any names, quite a few of the modular synth build videos are VERY suspect, especially when it comes to cramming a functional modular into a small cab like a Palette 62, etc. It IS possible, but you really have to know what you're doing before attempting that sort of build. Add the wrong module, and you got bupkiss. A better use for these small cabs is for "mission-specific" builds...such as needing a specialized filter setup for incoming signals that you want to modify in real time.

Now, what I would suggest is to get a synth that's easier to learn on. You've got a Neutron, but I don't think it's quite as clear to work with as my suggestion...which would be to drop $650 on a B.2600. Fact is, the original ARP 2600 was THE educational synth in its day. It's what I learned on, along with many, many others. Even Stevie Wonder used them, with Braille markings, because it was easier to program and play than other modular choices for the vision-impaired. Once you've got some of that experience under your belt, THEN implement that skiff build, but turn it into a support cab for the 2600 that gives you extra modulation, sound generation, etc. That's exactly what my B.2600 is set up for, since I can patch anything with 1V/8va scaling and a positive trigger/gate between it and my Digisound 80 as they both "speak" that language.

But that aside, the 2600 is pretty much goofproof. You've got some internal routings that are prepatched, so you can make racket with it right out of the box, but the patchpoints interrupt those and allow you to do oodles of alternate routings or even patching between synths (like that Neutron). As "starting points", they're still unsurpassed, even in Uli's hands.

This may or may not be helpful, but Rob Papen has a very good book called "The 4 Element Synth". It lays out the basic building blocks of all synths and how they interact normally.

Additionally, you could get a demo or paid version of any of a range of software modular synths. U-He Bazille is interesting, for example, and isn't as hindered by latency and GUI issues as some others. If you spend some time with Bazille, open one instance with a preset patch, open a 2nd instance and re-create that preset patch, that will show you a LOT about how to make modular patches.

More generally, if you're not much experienced with synthesis, spending some time listening to and goofing around with software synths (demos or paid) is a good way to get some basic fluency.

Last, it should be emphasized, modular synthesis is by nature very exploratory.

I concur with the previous recommendations.
What strikes me is the feeling that you are not yet confident with the basics of synthesis, nor the implementation in synthesizers.
I have no clue about aquariums. Similar to synthesizers, it doesn't make sense do buy a tank, some stones and algas, fill it with water and drop some fishs into it. For sure they will not survive. Beforehand I should have done my homework! Same here: Teach yourself a foundation knowledge how all of this works together and have a testbed for hands on experience.

a) worth reading to build up knowledge:

SYNTH SECRETS. Gordon Reid's classic 'synthesis explained' in-depth series in Sound On Sound. The article series run every month, non-stop, over 5 years and is still used by Colleges and University courses as 'essential reading' when teaching the foundations of synthesis and sound design.
https://www.soundonsound.com/series/synth-secrets-sound-sound

PATCH & TWEAK is a comprehensive look at modular synthesizers. It explores how to build them, how to use them, and how to get the most out of them, with beautiful illustrations and step-by-step tutorials with easy-to-read patch diagrams.
https://bjooks.com/products/patch-tweak-exploring-modular-synthesis

b) add hands on experience:

With all the recommended theory readings, I would have also added a semi-modular synth for the beginning. Most of them are ok to start with. Just add a cheap MIDI keyboard if you use one without keys.
You have a Behringer Neutron, which is exactly a semi-modular synth. You are ready to try what you're learning.
But, read the USER MANUAL and understand all sections first, before you judge on your gear.

After you are through all these recommendations, we would be happy to read your experience and feedback here in the forum.
Happy experimenting!

FYI, there are a bunch of Neutron tutorials on YouTube, that's probably as good a place to start as any.

this user has left ModularGrid

I started with downloading the free VCVRack software while reading Patch & Tweak and then bought a Doepfer A100 Basic System. These helped me learn a lot as a complete beginner. Then I bought a lot of gear and now focused on smaller systems cross patched.