I am somewhat new to modular your opinions and help are greatly appreciated!

ModularGrid Rack

I am trying to make a small system for sound engineering with which I want to create and possibly sample self-generative stuff, like melodies, basses and drum patterns (mostly through morphagene I guess since I focus on breaks) as separate components or together. I already have a 0-coast which I bought a year ago or something so I would like to use it with this rack for these purposes.

Will this work? Thank you in advance!

Edit: I opted out for a Behringer CP1-A power supply.
Edit 2: Changed phrasing for clarity

please post a link to a public rack not a jpg - they are next to useless - no click through and 7k modules - help us help you!!!

start with a bigger rack - mantis or lc9 - it will be near impossible to satisfy your goals with 3u/84hp and a uZeus

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

please post a link to a public rack not a jpg - they are next to useless - no click through and 7k modules - help us help you!!!

start with a bigger rack - mantis or lc9 - it will be near impossible to satisfy your goals with 3u/84hp and a uZeus
-- JimHowell1970

Thank you for your help!

Jim's spot-on here, really. 1 x 84 hp is just too tight, for one thing. Plus, a Mantis is pretty cheap...not as cheap as the 2 x 140 Ulicase, mind you, but $335 for 2 x 104, powered is a pretty stonkin' deal. And Tiptop even thought ahead for live users, as they've got their own gigbag customized for the Mantis. You also regain the 4 hp used by the uZeus, too.

Using a bigger cab can also help with sufficient space for some large modules, such as Maths. You won't have to be as concerned with what space those 20+ hp-ers are burning.

Jim's spot-on here, really. 1 x 84 hp is just too tight, for one thing. Plus, a Mantis is pretty cheap...not as cheap as the 2 x 140 Ulicase, mind you, but $335 for 2 x 104, powered is a pretty stonkin' deal. And Tiptop even thought ahead for live users, as they've got their own gigbag customized for the Mantis. You also regain the 4 hp used by the uZeus, too.

Using a bigger cab can also help with sufficient space for some large modules, such as Maths. You won't have to be as concerned with what space those 20+ hp-ers are burning.
-- Lugia

Truth is I wasn't planning to go too big in general, I want to keep a small yet packed system since it's going to be further processed in a DAW.

I also am thinking that the sentence "to integrate 0-coast to the rack" was not the proper phrasing, I am not planning on physically moding 0-coast onto the rack, also why I was going for something smaller.

modules are ok I guess

not sure I'd have 2 distings, the moddemix or that mixer

how are you intending to clock the Pams? - are you intending to use it for modulation? it's great but hard synched to clock... which may or may not be what you want

as an audio engineering rack - I'm seeing effects processing - I'd want more effects - especially filters, more modulation sources (not synced) and much more in the way of utilities - use maths for other things and even 2 distings get used up pretty quickly if there's nothing else - and of these particularly vcas - not just for audio but also for cv - so a quad that can be used for both linear and exponential would be perfect something like veils

as I said before get a bigger case - that way you''l have space to expand - you will need it - and a bigger case now will work out cheaper in the long run - tiptop mantis is an excellent starter size - and is very hard to beat for value for money - hp/cost and quality of power supply

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Banged on this for a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
Now, this uses an Intellijel Palette 104...very portable (they've got Palette gig bags) in which I was able to put some basic but important devices. Sorry, Jim...no extra VCFs, but there's plenty of the other stuff...

The top 1/2 row is Intellijel's utility buss, which not only has your power, but three buffered mults, a dual adder, four 1/4" jacks, and a MIDI I/O that we're not using in this exact build, but it could be helpful later on.

Tile row starts with a Temps Utile, which does some of what Pam's does but which also offers internal sequencing. This one's also outfitted with four attenuvertable CV ins. The QuadrATT serves as your mixer/attenuator/polarizer for CVs. Then there's a pair of FX send/return modules which can use the 1/4" I/O jacks for their send and return lines. And lastly, a Dual VCA lets you control two channels of amplitude (such as the FX loop outs) via modulation sources.

The 3U row works like this: I swapped in a Buchla SOU, then there's a little Erica quantizer for the T_u's sequencer channel or to create tesselations from the Maths by clocking the quantizer and changing CV outs per clock step. Next, Maths, and then there's a Veils that gives you four VCAs with variable response curves, which lets you use these for either CV or audio as needed. The Zadar/Nin combo gives you four envelopes, then your Moddemix and Morphagene. And last is a stereo audio mixer that can be used to sum the previous two to stereo...or anything else audio-wise that needs to go through there for audio summing.

It's still a small, portable build...but much more capable with the extra space and tile row.

modules are ok I guess

not sure I'd have 2 distings, the moddemix or that mixer

how are you intending to clock the Pams? - are you intending to use it for modulation? it's great but hard synched to clock... which may or may not be what you want

as an audio engineering rack - I'm seeing effects processing - I'd want more effects - especially filters, more modulation sources (not synced) and much more in the way of utilities - use maths for other things and even 2 distings get used up pretty quickly if there's nothing else - and of these particularly vcas - not just for audio but also for cv - so a quad that can be used for both linear and exponential would be perfect something like veils

as I said before get a bigger case - that way you''l have space to expand - you will need it - and a bigger case now will work out cheaper in the long run - tiptop mantis is an excellent starter size - and is very hard to beat for value for money - hp/cost and quality of power supply
-- JimHowell1970

You really put things in perspective about expanding.

The pam's was intended for some modulation, clocking, but I do need some random, that's why I also went with a wogglebug. Was also considering the verbos random sampling or the MI marbles, but some of the choices were indeed because I wanted a small rack. I also wanted to get a cold mac, but they're pretty much sold out everywhere... I may have to rethink my approach.

Banged on this for a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
Now, this uses an Intellijel Palette 104...very portable (they've got Palette gig bags) in which I was able to put some basic but important devices. Sorry, Jim...no extra VCFs, but there's plenty of the other stuff...

The top 1/2 row is Intellijel's utility buss, which not only has your power, but three buffered mults, a dual adder, four 1/4" jacks, and a MIDI I/O that we're not using in this exact build, but it could be helpful later on.

Tile row starts with a Temps Utile, which does some of what Pam's does but which also offers internal sequencing. This one's also outfitted with four attenuvertable CV ins. The QuadrATT serves as your mixer/attenuator/polarizer for CVs. Then there's a pair of FX send/return modules which can use the 1/4" I/O jacks for their send and return lines. And lastly, a Dual VCA lets you control two channels of amplitude (such as the FX loop outs) via modulation sources.

The 3U row works like this: I swapped in a Buchla SOU, then there's a little Erica quantizer for the T_u's sequencer channel or to create tesselations from the Maths by clocking the quantizer and changing CV outs per clock step. Next, Maths, and then there's a Veils that gives you four VCAs with variable response curves, which lets you use these for either CV or audio as needed. The Zadar/Nin combo gives you four envelopes, then your Moddemix and Morphagene. And last is a stereo audio mixer that can be used to sum the previous two to stereo...or anything else audio-wise that needs to go through there for audio summing.

It's still a small, portable build...but much more capable with the extra space and tile row.
-- Lugia

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely check this rack a bit more! As stated in another comment I may need to rethink my approach.

You really put things in perspective about expanding.

The pam's was intended for some modulation, clocking, but I do need some random, that's why I also went with a wogglebug. Was also considering the verbos random sampling or the MI marbles, but some of the choices were indeed because I wanted a small rack. I also wanted to get a cold mac, but they're pretty much sold out everywhere... I may have to rethink my approach.
-- pipis93

NP

Personally I'd rather have Marbles than Wobblebug - more versatile IMO - you can even use it as a VCO (see divkid video on youtube) - I have both, well Marbles and an erica swamp (that's a descendant of their take on wobblebug)

Patience is a virtue - especially when it comes to module availability and even more so due to the pandemic - if you really want a specific module - try to have cash ready, use wigglehunt and the marketplace here, at modwiggler and for sale groups on facebook