Hello everyone, spammy post alert but as I’ve become a fellow Modular Grid addict over the past year or so I think this maybe of interest. I’m delighted to announce a little collaboration with Geert Bevin. They are called Cable Portals and they essentially act as cable tidys for your unruly patch cables. They are designed specifically for this purpose and can take around 20 cables max. They create pathways for your cables and keep them from obscuring vital controls.

You can find them at https://shop.uwyn.com/collections/frontpage/products/cable-portal-eurorack-cable-router

I’m genuinely curious to see what everyone thinks about them. Whether they are a decent problem solver or do you think them unnecessary?

Very keen to hear your opinions

Thanks

Gaz

I like the aesthetics (nb spelling mistake on yr shop page) - ie not quite perfect... they're pretty cool but I don't really see much advantage over velcro/cable ties, especially given the price (which while not unreasonable, is way more expensive than velcro/cable ties) - which is probably what I'd use if I were playing live

good luck with selling loads though!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Mmmmmmnah. Not when I can go to Walmart and snag several bags of nylon cable ties for the same price. Or Menard's, Lowe's etc etc...

...which is the point. Some things DO need a specialized solution, but I set down a rule for myself decades ago that says that if you can source as much as possible of your implements LOCALLY, this strategy works far better, cheaper, and without the hassle of playing "package vigil" to keep your stuff from getting porch-pirated. But even moreso...if you're doing a live gig, and something like a cable, etc fails, you know that the nearest (and ubiquitous) bigbox store has what you need. And that can be a lifesaver!

Hi Gaz, well... you know... actually...
And you’re a really wonderful guy... but...
(Ahem)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).