Hello

This Modular is my first one. All modules should also find use in a future larger modular.

What do you think about the composition?

Are the Mix and Multi modules a good choice or would something else be a better idea? Like for example another VCA?

I will also get a Behringer Crave, so I have an extra ossillator and other helpful possibilities to patch

cheers
dolli125

if you are already thinking larger - go larger now - you will save money on cases - I'd definitely recommend the tiptop mantis - probably best bang for buck starter case (hp/cost/quality of power/reputation of manufacturer) - or it you are building a case - the befaco excalibus power supply is very good...

this will allow you to get bigger modules - a lot of the modules you have in the current rack are very small and especially when placed next to each other will be very cramped/possibly unplayable - some of them are only just over 1cm wide and when patched may not have access to the trimmers - which can also be difficult to use/not very precise compared to full size knobs

I would choose between either midi control or a sequencer in a starter case - if you choose sequencer - you'll almost definitely want a 2 channel quantizer with the sequencer you have chosen - if you actually want to play notes

nb you'll probably also want a tuner - either on your phone or a pedal - to tune the vco

I'd also recommend more attenuators - clouds (uBurst) - really needs these - likes very small amounts of modulation

I'd also recommend more vcas - use them for modulation

probably a good idea to plan to get another modulation source asap too

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

My advice- get a Doepfer Monster base case and Doepfer 14u Monster case. Thank me later.

hahhahaaha @sacguy71 - maybe that's a bit big to start with...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I dont want to focus to much on the case for now :)
Because i want to built it by myself.

So for now I am looking for a functional eurorack system which i can expand in the future

see my post above and my signature then...

but remember that without a case & power, you can't do any of this - building cases under 6u/84-104hp doesn't work out much cheaper than buying one in my experience - & I've built 4 so far... the expensive bits - power and rails (& threaded inserts) take most of the cost

and don't skimp on power - uZeus can be noisy & gets hot - it uses the rails as a heat sink so you need metal rails - and is potentially subject to RF interference due to using a flying bus board...

seriously consider going a bit bigger (6u/104hp) and the befaco excalibus power supply - you'll be set for a while and have enough space to get full size modules - better ergonomics = nicer synthesizer to play with...