Hello Everyone,

I began building this set up at the beginning of the year. I have been playing with synthesizers for a few years now. I started with IOS apps and logic pro and slowly moved into hardware. Now I'm playing with modular I'm completely hooked.

This rack isn't geared towards any particular style. I really just want to explore the possibilities that I hope this set up will allow.
I am definitely inspired by bands like the chemical brothers, nine inch nails, tool, prodigy etc

I have been diligently learning the modules that I have and have found it to be extremely rewarding and fun but I acknowledge that I am new to this and have so much to learn.
Browsing the forums I am impressed with the knowledge that many members here possess and would really love to here any opinions of what I have built so far.

I'm pretty happy with the modules that I have included but I wonder if there is anything that I have missed which limit the potential of my system.

I'm also looking for advice on how best to organise the modules for efficiency. I have reorganised the case a few times now and it has definitely improved things. I have found myself patching away and getting completely absorbed in what I'm doing and then when I step back and look at my nest of cables it can be difficult to see what the hell is going on.

Anyway I'd love to hear opinions/advice from you all. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Browsing the forums I am impressed with the knowledge that many members here possess and would really love to here any opinions of what I have built so far.

I'm pretty happy with the modules that I have included but I wonder if there is anything that I have missed which limit the potential of my system.

learn the power of utility modules - they massively add versatility for not so much cash - you'll probably want another row at least just for these though...

I'm also looking for advice on how best to organise the modules for efficiency. I have reorganised the case a few times now and it has definitely improved things. I have found myself patching away and getting completely absorbed in what I'm doing and then when I step back and look at my nest of cables it can be difficult to see what the hell is going on.

there's no formula for this and many many thousands of posts discussing the finer points of module arrangement... the only real answer is: what works for you, works for you... with a small case and few modules such as yours it's not that big a deal... perhaps slightly longer cables and some cable ties, or velcro strips would help... maybe thinner cables... maybe just don't worry about it...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks Jim for taking the time to reply and for the chill advice.

I think I will just chill for a bit. There's tonnes of depth with the modules I have and I'm always learning something new about them. I have a favourite module every other day and this often has me thinking that it would now be p[laced somewhere else on the rack. So yeah I think I'll leave well alone for a bit.

Im finding the disting to be a bit of a pain and I'm not really using it. If I decide to swap it out I'll have 5 hp spare. What would be the most useful module for the size in your opinion?

I'm optimistically taking your lack of criticism as a good sign btw ;)

Cheers again Jim

Thanks Jim for taking the time to reply and for the chill advice.

NP

I think I will just chill for a bit. There's tonnes of depth with the modules I have and I'm always learning something new about them. I have a favourite module every other day and this often has me thinking that it would now be p[laced somewhere else on the rack. So yeah I think I'll leave well alone for a bit.

Im finding the disting to be a bit of a pain and I'm not really using it. If I decide to swap it out I'll have 5 hp spare. What would be the most useful module for the size in your opinion?

use the favourites and reduce the number of algos you try to use - it really helps...

I dislike odd hp modules - 5hp is a pain to fill - maybe something from bastl - the cinnamon is supposed to be a nice filter

I'm optimistically taking your lack of criticism as a good sign btw ;)

Cheers again Jim

hahaha - no I just disguised the criticism - see the "learn the power of utilities" paragraph! & I didn't see that abomination of a b-company module!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities