About to get going with the Erica Synths/Moritz Klein VCO build, meanwhile having 10HP 1U I’m looking to fill.

I feel 1U modules under 10HP are too sparse, and thought about the possibillity of converting the VCO to 1U/10 HP. I’m a noob with the solder iron, so thought I’d ask here for advice. Cheers!

you could get a blank panel and drill it - you may need to wire all the panel furniture and mount the pcb somewhere in the case...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Diego,

How about an Intellijel 1U Dual VCA at 8 HP?
Or a passive LPG 1U module from Intellijel at 6 HP?

Some more modules from Intellijel at 10 HP or less: 1U FSR, 1U Headphones, 1U Line In, 1U Line Out, 1U Pedal I/O Jacks, 1U Stereo Line In Jacks, 1U Stere Out, 1U Stere Out Jacks, 1U USB Power, 1U XY IO or 1U µMIDI Jacks.

Then there are 1U modules from Mosaic (those 10 HP or less): 1U Clock, 1U Line Input, 1U Line Output, 1U Sample/Hold or 1U Tap.

Also Ritual Electronics has 1U modules that fits your 10 HP requirement: 1U - Flexibilité (audio interface), 1U - Krach (noise) and 1U - Pointeuse (switch). This guy from Ritual Electronics is completely a cool guy, I met him at the Superbooth back in 2021. He makes some real interesting modules. Check out that Altar filter module, wow! That filter can make some real great noise :-)

Ah yes, Shakmat Modular also has two 1U modules: Tessitura Tailor and Time Apprentice (clock divider).

Bad luck with the VoicAS modules they are 12 HP :-(

Anyway, I think that should be enough choice to keep you going, right? ;-) Good luck with filling up that 10 HP 1U gap, have fun with it and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

thanks jim for the suggestion! i will give it a thought, but i think space issue within the case will be an issue :)

hey, garfield! super thanks for your thorough reply!!! I own a Ritual Flexibilité already, I know of them and like it :) I'll check out the Altar, and the rest! cheers

I would've loved a Quad in/out Offset with Scale-module. would be a little tight. but i got tiny fingers :D