Idea is to have a modular sequencer that can easily be adapted to use with a wide variety of other systems. This allows me to save valuable hp on other systems I can instead just patch into. I went for maximum sequencing and modulation options, with a few useful utilities I would want to use on basically any system I encounter. Currently building, interested in any other recommendations!

This looks like a great idea. Probably something I’d do as well in the future. What case would you be adding these to?

I would recommend taking a look at the Winter Modular Eloquencer instead of the Varigate. I weighed the pros and cons of each when I was deciding on a sequencer, and found that the Eloquencer's eight channels of CV/gate and probabilities for gate, ratchet, and note value made it the best option for me. I also use the Voltage Block, PNW, and a few interesting clock dividers. Either way, this looks like a fun sequencing skiff.
Good luck and have fun!

This looks like a great idea. Probably something I’d do as well in the future. What case would you be adding these to?
-- Avesta

I have the MakeNoise 104hp skiff, will be adding them to that!

@Farkas I already own all these modules, not looking to spend more. Just repurposing the system!

Ah, ok. Your original post suggested that you were looking for recommendations. Looks like a fun sequencing setup as is, so enjoy it. :)

True, at the time I was but it came together pretty quickly! Turned out to be a functional setup for sure.

Hm...not sure why the Make Noise Brains isn't in there, as it'd allow the Pressure Points to also function as a sequencer. Lose the Dual VCA, since you don't use those on clocking signals or scaled CVs, and you'll have room for that. The X-Pan also doesn't seem like it should be there either, since there's no audio path in here at all. Space you recover from that should go to some logic, which will allow you a bunch of conditional Boolean logic gates that can make the sequencing more complex and capable. The Pam's should be able to output the various signals to cause the "hi" state depending on which gate you're using.

Another idea would be a quantizer or two. And if those, then you might also want an analog shift register, which is a clocked "store-and-forward"-type circuit with usually several outputs. That would allow you to output CVs in various "arabesque"-type patterns to several destinations. Lots of possibilities besides these as well...

Those are good suggestions, I hadn't considered a brains but that seems like an obvious choice now you mention it. Adding a quantizer/logic gate or some sort of "fun" sequencing module like one of the "Repetitors" from NE would spice up the options for sure. Thanks!

In a setup like this, I'd strongly recommend you look at various switching options like:
-- Befaco Muxlicer
-- Verbos Sequence Selector
-- Boss Bow 2
etc.

With some switching like that in your system, you can sequence your control signals of any kind, including sequencers, lfo, envelopes, etc. With not much HP and $ extra, you massively extend the depth of your control rig.

Also, with the goal "have a modular sequencer that can easily be adapted to use with a wide variety of other system" that begs the question -- what will it be linked to? Hence, any of a range of interface modules like Expert Sleepers or Boredbrain might get you fun extra linkages out (to PC, MIDI, etc.).

My net recommendations
-- think of how many pitched sequence lanes you need, how many perc sequence lanes you need, how many spare sequence lanes you need, and get a bit more than that, with maybe different sequencers handling pitched vs. perc
-- very much consider ergonimics and workflow in a sequencer, it matters a ton. I like Five12 Vector for pitched stuff and Tiptop ones for perc, because of all the knob per function, and how those really make more sense to my mind than others. IMO sequencers are a very personal thing so take some time to find ones that jive with you
-- totally include some switching in the rack and sequence control signals, it's the bees knees
-- with a good signal out box (Expert Sleepers) etc., you could use a rig like this to cover a majority of scoring needs

Good luck, enjoy!