Hi all.

Got a new Rackbrute 6U.

When patching at the top right, the left foot will lift slightly. I could put something under it but it’s annoying as it’s an expensive unit. It not just ‘movement’ because it’s suspended in the air, it’s actually rocking back slightly. I’ve turned the ‘pole’ around and it makes no difference.

Before k try and swap it for another, I just wondered if this is normal - does anyone else have a wobble?

I can not speak about your specific problem with the Rackbrute but i think it's a pretty common problem for hardware in general. I used to work with a Digital-Video-Tape-Machine (HDCamSR) from Sony wich is a realy expensive piece of technology (around 25k Euro). This thing was wobbling around when i we're pressing buttons or ejecting/loading tapes. A piece of beerfelt was the Bavarian solution to fix it. Some behringer stuff i own is wobbling and other Hardware too. I think the Problem are not the plastic feets underneath, Sometimes the housing ist not 100% straight/flat and quality controle is poor.

this user has left ModularGrid

This is also another good reason for keeping a spirit level around the studio. Besides levelling keyboard stand tiers, etc., it comes in handy for figuring out annoyances like this.

Definitely not normal...I have two 6Us and a 3U....what Vow3II said for troubleshooting

JB

I can not speak about your specific problem with the Rackbrute but i think it's a pretty common problem for hardware in general. I used to work with a Digital-Video-Tape-Machine (HDCamSR) from Sony wich is a realy expensive piece of technology (around 25k Euro). This thing was wobbling around when i we're pressing buttons or ejecting/loading tapes. A piece of beerfelt was the Bavarian solution to fix it. Some behringer stuff i own is wobbling and other Hardware too. I think the Problem are not the plastic feets underneath, Sometimes the housing ist not 100% straight/flat and quality controle is poor.
-- Max_Modular

It’s frustrating as this is quite ‘expensive’ to me and I expected a premium experience.. but it’s hard knowing the line of where to say ‘ah, I’ll deal with it..’

Definitely not normal...I have two 6Us and a 3U....what Vow3II said for troubleshooting
-- jb61264

Thanks for confirming. It’s not ‘bad’ and I can use it sometimes without noticing it but when I do notice it it’s annoying..! Shame I can’t use another one for that direct comparison. Im somewhat tempted to just keep it in case another one is worse..!

this user has left ModularGrid

Did you try to take the pole off and see if it was the source of imperfection as @Vow3II suggested? I purposely bought the Rackbrutes because I knew from seeing a couple that the quality of the build was very good. I didn't want to mess around with powering something or having a 'flying bus cable' to mess with. I think my only gripe about the Rackbrutes is that they didn't really incorporate 'airflow' through it and have seen a couple modifications that use the 'laws of physics' for some natural airflow.

I would verify if the pole is the cause...if it is, its an easy fix to get a different one. Also as @Vow3II suggested, contact Arturia...they actually have decent support and respond pretty quickly to help requests.

JB

I think my only gripe about the Rackbrutes is that they didn't really incorporate 'airflow' through it and have seen a couple modifications that use the 'laws of physics' for some natural airflow.

-- jb61264

Which comes back around to why I keep insisting that the width is, as Arturia notes, 88 hp. Simply because it's possible to jam 89 hp worth of panel space into these is NOT a good reason for doing so. With 88 hp and its slider nuts, you can add a little bit of space across the panel by slipping each module a TINY bit, and then this should help with the internal heat issues.

I think I made this argument a couple of times, that Arturia states the width is 88 hp and there's a definite reason for it...this problem being exactly that.

I think my only gripe about the Rackbrutes is that they didn't really incorporate 'airflow' through it and have seen a couple modifications that use the 'laws of physics' for some natural airflow.

-- jb61264

Which comes back around to why I keep insisting that the width is, as Arturia notes, 88 hp. Simply because it's possible to jam 89 hp worth of panel space into these is NOT a good reason for doing so. With 88 hp and its slider nuts, you can add a little bit of space across the panel by slipping each module a TINY bit, and then this should help with the internal heat issues.

I think I made this argument a couple of times, that Arturia states the width is 88 hp and there's a definite reason for it...this problem being exactly that.

-- Lugia

Is 1 HP distributed along 88HP really doing much at all in terms of cooling tho? Did Arturia really 'engineer' that 1HP as a solution for cooling purposes?

JB