Hello community,

I always am keen for driving, acid sounds and in that task, I like to try/test different OD. That is the reason why I did this o ne, hoping it could help some to make a choice.

A whole nother universe of overdriven, wrecked, FSUed racket can be found courtesy of the psychos at Schlappi Engineering. I think they come factory-drenched in ACIIIIEED! Because sometimes just overdrive is not necessarily the right way to get at that crazed sound...or at least, the way I remember it from the early-mid 1990s, which wasn't quite like Larry Heard's methods on "Washing Machine".

You are totally right, I did a few acid records with just overdriven my (gone) Midas mixer at the input, and it sounded creme :)

Try looking for a Princeton Applied Research CR-4. This is a completely insane-sounding scientific instrumentation amplifier, with three input configurations and low and highpass filters switchable in 5ths.

Anything processed through one of these takes on a vicious psychedelic tone...totally overloaded, brutal, and the filters just add to this. The only caveat is that these are obsolete test equipment devices, and not musical ones per se. Even so, to use Hainbach's term (he also owns one), it will 100% music! You should keep an eye on eBay for one of these; they can turn a basic synth into something that sounds like it might KILL YOU.

ho great, thank you for the info