I have Cosmix and Ciao! in one of my Rackbrute 6Us as seen below. These two Rackbrutes actually site side by side with the top one sitting to the left so Cosmix and Ciao! are in the middle. This works pretty good for me, but I also now have a Rackbrute 3U which below also which I currently have 18HP of space left (will eventually get the Euroburo desktop enclosure so that will free up more HP but for now this is how its set up.

Thinking I need to add another mix module and wondering what suggestions you might have. Currently looking at the 4MS Listen Four 1/4 as it has 1/4" out that I could use once my new MOTU Ultralite MK5 shows up. Ideally however, I would like the flexibility to route out from a mixer in the 3U to the Cosmix if I wanted to. I like the Ciao! but it is odd HP...anybody know of something that might work better?

Here are the two 6Us
ModularGrid Rack

Here is the 3U
ModularGrid Rack

JB

Essentially looking for something that would have both 1/4" outs (that could be used to route to my audio interface and also has 3.5 mm outs that I could route to my Cosmix mixer if I wanted. I suppose I could be making this more complicated than necessary...maybe there is a cable I could use with the 4MS Listen Four 1/4 that goes from 1/4" to 3.5mm that could be run to my Cosmix....just not sure if audio quality degrades doing something like that or not.

JB

there is a cable I could use with the 4MS Listen Four 1/4 that goes from 1/4" to 3.5mm that could be run to my Cosmix....just not sure if audio quality degrades doing something like that or not.
-- jb61264

yes there are cables available and they work fine - signal degredation is identical to using 3.5mm->3.5mm cables - hosa make them as do other brands including doepfer iirc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities